To our active duty military and "critical" civilian employees...

1,470 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jock 07
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On behalf of the American People, I would like to apologize for the no-good, sorry ass, lazy and incompetent fools in Washington (bipartisan) and the loud mouthed bozo orange troll in chief (not that Hillary was any better) for putting you and your family in this position. May a return to sanity be short (not holding my breath) and may the back-pay be resolved quickly.

An oldie, but pertinent to the current situation:

Mattis Crosses the Potomac
F4GIB71
This is purely a matter of one side putting the interests of people who are here illegally against the interests of our troops, our citizens, and our country. Don't see any other way to frame the issue.
bigtruckguy3500

FCBlitz
I would rather point out the obvious and apologize for the left who have no shame to use you to help illegal aliens.

I would also like to apologize for all of the potential immigrants who are applying for citizenship the honorable way only to see abunch of people cutting in line.

The left are full of sorry people.
annie88
AG
Save your breath and dump it all on the Dems. Trump is doing the right thing in not giving into their demands for the illegal aliens and such. The Dems could've made this all go away and they didn't. I do pray it goes away soon for the sake of our military but enough of this bull**** from left.

And I think you meant behalf not behave.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Rabid Cougar
AG
As a non essential I blame it squarely on the Dems. It is not about budget numbers as in the past but pandering to illegals over the well being of citizens.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Blame it all on the Dems. Putting illegals and politics above Americans.

As far as the derogatory remark about Trump. He has been a very good Commander in Chief and is pro DOD unlike the last one.
Federale01
AG
nm
Naveronski
AG
As long as this is resolved by the end of the month, it shouldn't impact the 1 Feb pay day.
Quad Dog
AG
As someone who was told to leave work yesterday, there is plenty enough blame to go around to both sides.

There hasn't been a budget passed in 20 years, since FY1998 there have been 113 continuing resolutions.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quad Dog said:

As someone who was told to leave work yesterday, there is plenty enough blame to go around to both sides.

There hasn't been a budget passed in 20 years, since FY1998 there have been 113 continuing resolutions.
Winner winner
CT'97
AG
Quad Dog said:

I'm not sure where this information is coming from but it's false. The last budget was passed on January 12, 2017, for the FY2017 budget. There have been several periods where CR's were used I believe 2012-2015 was the last one, but there have been many budgets passed since FY1998.
Quad Dog
AG
CT'97 said:

Quad Dog said:

I'm not sure where this information is coming from but it's false. The last budget was passed on January 12, 2017, for the FY2017 budget. There have been several periods where CR's were used I believe 2012-2015 was the last one, but there have been many budgets passed since FY1998.

Fair enough, to be more accurate: the October 1 deadline has not been met in 20 years.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quote:

to be more accurate: the October 1 deadline has not been met in 20 years.
Bingo. All the deadline driven insanity is a clear bipartisan failure of leadership and political theater. Our elected "representatives" flat refuse to do their ****ing jobs. And why not? It isn't like they'll be held accountable with our voter turnout numbers, especially for primaries.

The US Political system is in need of an enema.

(Probably a better Politics board reply, but I don't go over there.)
Ag fan grunt
For active duty members, if you bank with USAA or Navy Federal, they will still pay you and collect when you get reimbursed. They hooked me up in '13 during the shutdown and have promised to continue to do the same in the future.

I know the shutdown is over or at least on hold, but it's good information and good to know there's still banks that will have your back.
Jock 07
AG
meh, USAA covers the checks, I'm not too concerned, although I did miss out on a TDY to Hawaii this week.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.