Minot AFB tour?

1,744 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CanyonAg77
FarmerKeith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm taking the family on a road trip this upcoming summer and will be passing by the Minot AFB area. We're all civilians but I'm wondering...Are there any Ags up there who would and/or could give us a tour? I'd love to see the North Dakota Buffs in-person!!

The base website says to contact the Base Relations Officer and each request will be evaluated individually. Anybody know someone who could put in a good word?
ABATTBQ87
AG
Why not Minot?

Freezen's the reason!
CanyonAg77
AG
I think you're SOL. Unless you have a relative there, it's probably not happening.

That being said, if there's an Ag there, and he/she is willing to take a chance with you, you can probably get on. Search the Former Students "Find an Aggie" to see if an old classmate is up there.

Otherwise, look at Google Maps and see if there's a road pullout where you can watch flight ops.

http://www.minot.af.mil/Home/Community-Relations/Base-Tours/
Quote:

Due to the current fiscal climate and sequestration, base tour availability is being limited for the foreseeable future. Tour requests will have to be handled on a case by case basis. We apologize for any requests that cannot be met due to the current situation..

Please ensure that your tour group has at least 10-15 members. Maximum number allowed is 40 at one time. Special considerations are needed for children under 8.

CanyonAg77
AG
Better yet, plan your visit for August 4th

http://www.minot.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1101608/2018-air-show-to-feature-usaf-thunderbirds/
Quote:

Minot Air Force Base is scheduled to hold the next Northern Neighbors Day Air Show August 4, 2018, and will feature America's Ambassadors in Blue, the world-renowned U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.