Private Pilot Training Recs

1,552 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Kraken
aBlane13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure the exact board to post on so I'm posting in a few spots. I got my 3rd class medical a week or so ago and trying to find a good flight school for my PPL. I live in Weatherford so the Dallas area is too far. I was looking at possibly Spinks Flight Center but hoping to get some actual reviews or recommendations from locals. Anyone have any recommendations or contacts who can speak to the quality of certain schools or instructors? TIA
INOX
I did my ground school with Mike Montefusco (http://www.ppgs101.com/) and I highly recommend him. Some of my flight school I did with Huffman Aviation (http://www.flyhuffman.com/) at Spinks but I bought a new house and gave up---Don't let your dream die!!! Spinks is a great place to learn, it has a control tower but not a whole lot of traffic. Also Spinks has a grass field that you can get some experience on. Mr Huffman is an old B-52 pilot and has no problem raising his voice when you screw up but also his praises are genuine and reminds me of a footbal coach. He runs a small operation so its a little cheaper and he does have other younger instructors if you like.
Teeoter
You should check into Hyde flight school in Granbury, I've heard good things about them.
Teeoter
If you want to PM me with a name and phone number I will be more than happy to provide you with info and options.
aalan94
AG
Smaller towns with schools are better. Getting your license at a big airport will make you better with coms procedures, but you'll burn up a lot of dollars waiting on the runway with your engine running. Small airports, you just announce, taxi, and take off.
The Kraken
AG
Any recommendations for the west Houston area?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.