PSA to Veterans

1,960 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggie1
johnrth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you haven't already heard, starting on Veterans Day all honorably discharged Veterans can use any of the military exchanges online. Its still tax free as well. You have to verify yourself at https://www.vetverify.org/
Its legit, I was selected as a beta tester a few months ago so I've had access to shop but I have only looked and haven't bought anything yet.
TG15
AG
This is a game changer.. how long do they plan on doing this?
PorkEatingCrusader
Yea unfortunately you can get thru on the vetverify but then have to sign in thru the exchange which doesn't allow it. in my case CGX.
JABQ04
AG
Just in time for tax free Christmas shopping!!

But in all seriousness, if I have shopped online with AAFES before (previous AD current NG member) but I officially ETS in less than a month do I still have to be vetted or would I be allowed to just roll right in. Common sense would dictate that since I've been an AAFES customer since 2007 I should be GTG right?
Pro Sandy
AG
JABQ04 said:

Just in time for tax free Christmas shopping!!

But in all seriousness, if I have shopped online with AAFES before (previous AD current NG member) but I officially ETS in less than a month do I still have to be vetted or would I be allowed to just roll right in. Common sense would dictate that since I've been an AAFES customer since 2007 I should be GTG right?
whoa. You served and expect common sense solutions? What military did you serve in?
JABQ04
AG
My bad. Prepping my mind for the civilian world. Plus too much time with civilians as a NG member anyways. I should prep myself to submit the same form no less than 4 times because they lost it the previous 3.
johnrth
TG15 said:

This is a game changer.. how long do they plan on doing this?

Way late on replying but to answer your question, as far as I know its forever.

https://www.shopmyexchange.com/veterans

Quote:

What is the benefit?
Approved Veterans can shop the online exchanges, including ShopMyExchange.com! Shopping with the Exchange online gives you access to exclusive military pricing and offers, tax-free shopping and more. This is a lifelong benefit that will be extended to all who discharge honorably from service.
When did this benefit take effect?
The Department of Defense announced this benefit in January 2017; it became effective on Nov. 11, 2017.
Where can I use this benefit?
Online with any of the military exchanges. This benefit does not grant installation access.
Why have these shopping privileges been extended to Veterans?
To recognize and honor your service, make your life better and improve the overall military community. Expanding online shopping privileges strengthens funding of military Quality-of-Life programs including Army Child Development Centers, Youth Programs and Fitness Centers, Air Force Outdoor Recreation programs, affordable school lunches for Warfighters' children overseas, combat uniforms below cost and more.

BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Using my Navy and AF numbers - couldn't get on !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
TYRY43
johnrth said:

If you haven't already heard, starting on Veterans Day all honorably discharged Veterans can use any of the military exchanges online. Its still tax free as well. You have to verify yourself at https://www.vetverify.org/
Its legit, I was selected as a beta tester a few months ago so I've had access to shop but I have only looked and haven't bought anything yet.

Thanks for the post. Got signed up today.
Aggie1
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

Using my Navy and AF numbers - couldn't get on !
My original service number is no longer valid either,

But old service numbers were changed to Social Security numbers about 1970 and should work...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.