Current BQ question.

1,942 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HollywoodBQ
aggieband 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just saw the Facebook video showing Col Brewer getting honorably discharged from the Texas State Guard. Does this mean he is going to be retiring from the FTAB??? He was my serge butt my fish year in B-Company. I guess I should not be surprised......but I am.
Warrior 66
I had the honor of attending Jay Brewer's promotion to Colonel in the Texas State Guard yesterday at the Aggie Band Haney Drill Field. Immediately after the promotion, he was retired from the Texas State Guard, having been the longest serving member of the Texas State Guard at the time (he has served since 1981). At the same time he became a member of the Texas State Guard's "Honorary Reserves."

I am not familiar with what the "Honorary Reserves" means in the Texas State Guard, but I do know that Jay Brewer will continue as the Associate Director of the Aggie Band until he decides he no longer wants to do it.

Jay was a fish when I was the 1SG of B Company, and was a PH when I was CO. A damn good man back then, and a damn good man today. We are all thrilled that he is still the Associate Director of the Aggie Band and hope he stays for a LONG time.

Gig 'em! And Beat the Hell Outta Mississippi State!!
aggieband 83
AG
Commandant79 said:

We are all thrilled that he is still the Associate Director of the Aggie Band and hope he stays for a LONG time.
Amen to that! Thank you for the response.
WBBQ74
AG
I think the TSG can make up pretty much whatever rank they want to. Happy that Jay gets to be a 'pirate' for as long as he wants. Good man, loves the Aggie Band.

Maybe ~15 years ago some satrap at State HQ decided to make the outgoing 49AD CG a 'brevet LTG'; guy wore those 3 stars a few times when he showed up for parties and stuff. No money/pay changed hands. Name doesn't matter but I thought it all rather silly. Man, just retire and let the next guy do his job. Drama queen.

This is not meant to be critical of Jay's deal at all but just something I remember about how semi military/political folks can do what they want, when they want to.

BQ17
Howdy sir,

I'm B-Company C/O '17, and for the past four years, Brewer has been going on and on about how he's feeling like his time is almost over. I think within the next 5 years, he'll be finished.
What I would like would be for him to retire from the Band and A&M, but I pray they ask him to announce the Aggie Band after he's gone. Because halftime won't be the same without his voice.
HollywoodBQ
AG
BQ17 said:

Howdy sir,

I'm B-Company C/O '17, and for the past four years, Brewer has been going on and on about how he's feeling like his time is almost over. I think within the next 5 years, he'll be finished.
What I would like would be for him to retire from the Band and A&M, but I pray they ask him to announce the Aggie Band after he's gone. Because halftime won't be the same without his voice.
You haven't heard my best - "Now forming at the North End of Kyle Field"...
Just let me know when the auditions are.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.