Corps fish

3,179 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tgray99
tgray99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We were at the game Saturday & told my bf's son about the tradition of the fish chasing down the Yell Leaders to carry them to fish pond & dunk them. Then...the lamest excuse for a long-standing tradition unfolds before our eyes. They barely chase the Yell Leaders, pick them up, put them down, then they go lead yells. What??!? When did this change? Why did this change?

Yes. I am an Old Ag, if 99 is old. Get off my lawn & quit changing things.
INOX
It didn't. They were carried to the fish pond and dunked.
CharlieBrown17
AG
This is the second or third year of the fish chasing and tackling, then letting the yell boys go to do yell practice in Kyle, then picking them back up to go to fish pond.

My fish year didn't include the yell practice on Kyle but someone decided to do yell on Kyle to increase the number of people at postgame yell.
Warrior 66
Two things caused some of the changes you mention in your post:

1. Going to the SEC. SEC rules state that no one is allowed on the field after the game. Failure to follow that rule leads to very large penalties (fines) for the university. The university negotiated a compromise with the SEC to keep the Yell Leader "Capture" tradition alive. That basically is what has led to the Yell Leaders and fish not being allowed past the 20 yard line for "capture." Pretty much eliminates the ability for the Yell Leaders to run very far before being captured by the fish, but still allows the "capture" tradition to take place.

2. Kyle Field renovations. Since Kyle Field was renovated, there is no longer a north "tunnel" to exit the stadium. There is no longer a way for the fish to carry the Yell Leaders out of the stadium through the north tunnel, as a tunnel no longer exists in the north end of the stadium. To compensate for this change to the stadium, the fish capture the Yell Leaders, carry them to the student section of the stadium, then put them down for a post game Yell Practice INSIDE Kyle Field. Then afterward, they walk outside the stadium, where the fish once again pick up the Yell Leaders, and take them to the "fish pond" for Victory Yell Practice.

Hope this clarifies why things appeared different for the Yell Leader "Capture" after the victory last Saturday.
Agdorm12
AG
I heard one of the Yell Boys was significantly injured last week by this tradition. Broken collarbone and cracked sternum supposedly. Hence, tradition is now cancelled.
Warrior 66
Once again you post information that is completely wrong, Agdorm12. Again, I don't know where you get your information, but its WRONG - AGAIN.

Yes, a Yell Leader was injured last week, and has a broken collar bone and cracked sternum.

NO, the tradition has NOT been "cancelled" as you put it. There will still be a Yell Leader "Capture" this weekend, assuming a Texas A&M football victory.

I have no idea who your "source" for information is concerning the Corps, but you might want to re-think using their information before posting again. You seem to get it wrong a lot.
CT'97
AG
"I heard" and "they said" are still the biggest liers in on the quad. Nothing's changed in that.
Sdj774
How about the comfort animal rumor?
Agdorm12
AG
(1 of the 5...1 of the 5)
TXAggieMom11
Well that is part of the story.
CharlieBrown17
AG
No wonder you quoted "capture".

That was pitiful. Might as well get rid of it instead of that bull*****

For those not at the game, the yell leaders were standing at about the five, did not run at all, and then were just picked up off the ground by the fish.
Scruffy
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

For those not at the game, the yell leaders were standing at about the five, did not run at all, and then were just picked up off the ground by the fish.

To be fair, that was the first half offense as well.
cslifer
hillcountryag86
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

So, was Agdorm12 info correct?
ABATTBQ87
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

So, was Agdorm12 info correct?
Agdorm12 posted this: (and is 67% correct)

I heard one of the Yell Boys was significantly injured last week by this tradition. Commandant confirmed was true

Broken collarbone and cracked sternum supposedly. Commandant confirmed was true

Hence, tradition is now cancelled. not cancelled just modified
AGGies0311
How about we let the yell leaders run away from Kyle and the fish actually capture them at OR.
tgray99
AG
Thank you for the response @commandant79 I appreciate the transparency.

If I may ask another question , why haven't we seen Reveille at the games aside from march in & the team entrance? I've heard various things from concerns for her safety due to PETA protests to the heat (UGA the Bulldog has an air conditioned dog house). Is there a comment from the Trigon regarding her absence?
tgray99
AG
Sdj774 said:

How about the comfort animal rumor?

What are you talking about?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.