Cousin in ROTC

1,027 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Fly Army 97
Stringfellow Hawke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a cousin in Army ROTC at Colorado State that wants to fly. Anyone have any advice in fixed wing vs helicopter? Any other suggestions?
Sdj774
Army doesn't assign fixed wing aircraft directly out of flight school. I hope he likes rotary wing!
74OA
AG
brs4688 said:

I have a cousin in Army ROTC at Colorado State that wants to fly. Anyone have any advice in fixed wing vs helicopter? Any other suggestions?
Yeah, join the Air Force.
CharlieBrown17
AG
74OA said:

brs4688 said:

Yeah, join the Air Force.
No guarantee on future years, but pilot slots are being handed out at an extremely high rate right now through AFROTC
Trident15
AG
Fly Army. Helicopters are cool.
Fly Army 97
There is fixed wing in the Army, and it's only out of flight school vs how we did it in the old days (active duty).

We are primarily rotary-wing. Air Force or Army Fixed Wing flying is an entirely different mission, life style, and (for the AF) approach to flying rotary wing. Either way is good as one is serving their country and an objective from the air whether in support of ground troops or not. I'm glad with the path I've chosen, and I like this life. I've lived and deployed with the Air Force/near Army Fixed Wing and it was great living...that said, I like living close to the BCT and flying a hawk into a dusty LZ in the middle of the night to get the bad guys. I'd imagine if I flew Apches, I'd really enjoy shooting tanks with a Hellfire.

Fly Army.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.