TAMU-Galveston Cadets

1,264 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TXAggieMom11
E King Trill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When I was a freshman in the corps we had Hurricane Ike and we took in a lot of Texas A&M Galveston students and cadets. They joined in our march-ins and I'm not sure to what extent we supported them academically. Does anyone know if anything similar is happening as a result of Hurricane Harvey?
HollywoodBQ
AG
Putting my Galveston hat on for a minute. I haven't heard too much about problems on The Island.
All the flooding, evacuations, etc. seem to be in Harris County and Fort Bend along the Brazos.
TXAggieMom11
A friend of mine has a fish at TAMUG. This is what I know from her and the TAMUG Facebook.
The campus was evacuated last Friday, a bus brought 70 students to TAMU with another 2 dozen arriving in their own vehicles. The remaining students sheltered in other locations. The campus opened today for some staff, the remaining to report tomorrow. They are working to start classes on Monday.

My class of '11 was a cadet in 2008 for Ike, the Corps did a lot to ready Reed for evacuees and worked at Easterwood taking patients off planes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.