A story you will want to read......

1,151 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by leasterwood
leasterwood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Edited to delete the thread.

There was never any intention to offend anyone.

Leslie Easterwood, DVM '90
clarythedrill
OK, I will be the ***** and bite: What did she do with the hundreds of thousands of dollars in SGLI and other monetary benefits after he died? I would think she has enough to buy a vehicle that is probably over a decade old.

This is like a GoFundMe, if it is not worth you making personal choices to afford this, why is it worth me to give money to someone who received over $400,000 already?
leasterwood
AG
For clarity...

The GoFundMe Page was started by the Police Officer who happened to run across the car randomly, after seeing Jessica's post on Facebook that she was looking for it.

They were touched by the story and wanted to do something nice for a great kid who never had the chance to know his Aggie hero father.

In sharing this story with the Aggie Family, I had hoped that perhaps we could help to be a part of this great story and show his son that Aggies always remember.

Here

Most sincerely,
Leslie '90
leasterwood
AG
clarythedrill said:

OK, I will be the ***** and bite: What did she do with the hundreds of thousands of dollars in SGLI and other monetary benefits after he died? I would think she has enough to buy a vehicle that is probably over a decade old.

This is like a GoFundMe, if it is not worth you making personal choices to afford this, why is it worth me to give money to someone who received over $400,000 already?
hds
AG
You should not assume she received the SGLI. Not all widows/wives receive the $400,000! If she wasn't listed as the beneficiary then she didn't get it. Personally that's none of my business. Trust me it happens more than you realize.

I have followed this story. She just posted on FB asking for help locating the car and never asked for funds to pay for it. Someone found the car and wanted to raise funds.
leasterwood
AG
Thank you for your kind words
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.