Filing a VA Claim

1,573 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by APHIS AG
FightnFarmerUSMC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need to file a claim for my knee. What are the best VSO to use for this? I'm in the Katy, TX area and want to talk to a person face to face, not on email or the phone.
74OA
AG
Filing a claim is fairly straightforward, but if you want to consult a VSO: HERE
CT'97
AG
Based on your screen name I would suggest the Marine Corps League. I don't have personal experience but have friends who have positive experiences with then helping with a claim.
A-180
AG
Had very good experiance with DAV
Aggie Infantry
AG
If in Texas, find a Texas Vet office. They were a great help to me. In San Antonio, go to Ft. Sam Houston. They have an office there.
JABQ04
AG
I know this a really old dig up, but I used the American Legion as my VSO last December and had my ratings by end of February. ETS from the NG on Dec 7, 2017, had initial meeting with VSO in the 10th, had a few appointments in early January and then by the end of Feb I had my ratings. Smooth and quick process.
APHIS AG
Once you do get a VSO, make sure that YOU have all of your MILITARY medical records to submit for your claim.

I submitted multiple claims however, since most of my time was in the Reserves/Guard, my civilian medical records, even though my injuries were military related, were not accepted.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.