The President and the Marine...

1,568 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Presley OBannons Sword
The Original AG 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am sure that most of you have seen the video of Pres Trump retrieving the hat that had blown off the Marine Honor Guard at Marine One. I just can't imagine what that poor Marine was thinking.. A young man at attention for the POTUS and the POTUS attempting to hand him his hat..." WHAT THE HELL DO I DO ?" Later the military aide, I think a general, also attempts to replace the hat. The Marine remained at attention.
Question for a military protocol expert ... What if Trump had said " At Ease" to the Marine. Would this be considered a direct order ? What would the young man do ? What are his instructions ? The camera pans away but the last few seconds shows the general at attention saluting the Marine while holding the retrieved hat. Wonder what happened.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO ???
It is so great to have a man who loves and respects our military back in the White House

Wildman15
AG
Seeing as how he is the Commander in Chief, I would assume the Marine would have to follow the order of "At ease".
Rabid Cougar
AG
Did exactly what he supposed to do, remain at attention and does not salute because he is uncovered.
ThreeFive
AG
My brother is a pilot in HMX-1. The Marine did exactly what he was supposed to do. When his cover flew off originally, he was holding a salute. As his cover came off, he pulled his salute and remained at the POA. If he was told "at ease", he could adjust his cover, but must keep his right foot in place until he goes back to the POA.
Presley OBannons Sword
ThreeFive said:

My brother is a pilot in HMX-1. The Marine did exactly what he was supposed to do. When his cover flew off originally, he was holding a salute. As his cover came off, he pulled his salute and remained at the POA. If he was told "at ease", he could adjust his cover, but must keep his right foot in place until he goes back to the POA.
ask him if he knows Matt Cave
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.