Corps Trip?

4,564 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Quito
ABATTBQ87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Y'all had a hotel room?

On our trip in 1985 or 86 we were housed in some airbase hanger on cots
BQ_90
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

Y'all had a hotel room?

On our trip in 1985 or 86 we were housed in some airbase hanger on cots
Yea they where some dump motel out in the middle of nowhere
HollywoodBQ
AG
I want to apologize to you for an earlier thread several months ago where I mistook your moniker for one of your buddies.

My sincere apologies for mistaking you for someone else

I edited my post to protect the guilty. But... too late since it's already been quoted.
ABATTBQ87
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

I want to apologize to you for an earlier thread several months ago where I mistook your moniker for one of your buddies from B-Co who was a major ********.

I socially engineered you a while back and you're an A-Batt guy who was cool. Reedsucker as I recall. My sincere apologies for mistaking you for RAT '90.

Nevermind
BQ_90
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

I want to apologize to you for an earlier thread several months ago where I mistook your moniker for one of your buddies from B-Co who was a major ********.

I socially engineered you a while back and you're an A-Batt guy who was cool. Reedsucker as I recall. My sincere apologies for mistaking you for RAT '90.
I actually was in BBatt so I still might have been a ********
ABATTBQ87
AG
1984 Aggie Band halftime Drills: 44 minute mark is the Baylor Monsoon drill.

BQ_90
AG
was that the game the temp dropped about 30 degrees after the rain. I was at that game if it was
ABATTBQ87
AG
BQ_90 said:

was that the game the temp dropped about 30 degrees after the rain. I was at that game if it was
no, it was hot and humid the entire game, and then for fun the sun came out in the 4th quarter
aggiejim70
AG
I've been thinking about this for a while, so let's take a break from trying to outdo each other on rain stories.

What I hope is somebody or several somebodies can not only tell me I'm wrong, but quote chapter and verse on why I'm wrong.

I just can't shake the feeling that there is to be no Corps Trip to the Arky game because the powers that be at A&M don't want the Corps marching through downtown Fort Worth or Dallas and don't want to see the block of uniformed cadets in the stands on national TV.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
ABATTBQ87
AG
Maybe they are concerned about rain!
Warrior 66
aggiejim70 - the decision for no Corps Trip this year has NOTHING to do with anyone at A&M NOT wanting to see the Corps march thru downtown Ft Worth or Dallas or NOT wanting the Corps block at the game. Nothing could be further from the truth. We started the Corps Trip to Ft Worth in 2011, asked former students to help fund the cadets to attend the game (which they have always done with extreme generosity every year), and have enjoyed having the Corps march thru downtown Ft Worth every year that we have played Arkansas at AT&T Stadium in Arlington. Its also great to see the "sea of khaki" at the game each year that we have attended.

The bottom line is this is a decision for this year and this year ONLY. Due to the schedule of games this year, we made the determination to not march-in to Ft Worth for this year, and to resume the march-in next year. It was NOT an easy decision to make, but its one we felt was the right one to make for this year. However, we WILL march-in to downtown Ft Worth and attend the game in Arlington for the 2018 football season.

The Aggie Band, 2 outfits of ODs, and Reveille and her handlers WILL be at this years game in Arlington.

I hope this helps answer your question and concerns. There are those who disagree with this decision, and I understand why completely. Again, this is a one time decision only, and we WILL be back in Ft Worth for a Corps Trip next season.

Thanks for your love and support of our Corps! And Beat the HELL Outta UCLA!
aggiejim70
AG
I guess if I asked for some instructions on how to build an ark and the Noah responded, the prudent thing to do would be listen to what the man had to say and take him at his word. General, thank you for your prompt, courteous, on point reply. This does do away with my fears.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Quito
AG
Thanks for the clarity and the transparency.

You aren't obligated, but you do really appreciated.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.