Aggie Band to UF?

3,386 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CowboyGirl
ABattJudd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know if they will head to Gainesville in October?
"Well, if you can’t have a great season, at least ruin somebody else’s." - Olin Buchanan
74OA
AG
FTAB is scheduled to be at every game this season except Florida, due to the time and cost of traveling such a long distance. In the meantime, the Corps commandant said they will continue to try to find a way to get a Band contingent to Florida if at all possible......
ABattJudd
AG
Well dang
"Well, if you can’t have a great season, at least ruin somebody else’s." - Olin Buchanan
aggiejim70
AG
There's an extended discussion of this on the football board.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
jbeaman88
AG
FYI, out FTAB Bugle Rank Zip '18 reported to us in early May that it had been worked out that the 100 member white-belt travel band would also travel to Gainesville for the UF game.
Warrior 66
In addition to the 7 home games, the entire Aggie Band will travel to the Arkansas game (Arlington), and the LSU game in Baton Rouge and march at halftime. An all upperclassman Band (PHs, Butts, Zips) will travel to the UCLA game in LA and march at halftime. Thats 10 games this year that the Aggie Band will march at halftime.

A 100 piece "Travel Band" will bus to the Ole Miss game and play in the stands, but not march. We will also send ODs and Reveille and her handlers to that game.

A 100 piece Travel Band will fly to the Florida game and play in the stands, but not march. We will also send ODs and Reveille and her handlers to that game.

This year, the Aggie Band will be present at EVERY football game, even though for 2 of those games they will only play in the stands and not march at halftime. This is the first year to do this, and we will look at each year individually after this year to determine what games we can send the Band to. Our intent is to try and get the Aggie Band to EVERY game that we can possibly get them to - even if just to play in the stands.

Hope this answers your question.

Its taken a lot of coordination and effort, but we are pleased that the Aggie Band will be at every game this year. Thanks for your support and love of our Corps. Gig 'em and Beat the HELL Outta UCLA!
Hey Nav
AG
Thanks very much for the response, Gen Ramirez.

Always great when the FTAB is at away games. (And it's got to be a lot of fun for those that are able to go on the away game trips).
HollywoodBQ
AG
Excellent. I might have to re-arrange my travel schedule to make the UCLA game.
OldArmy71
AG
Very glad to hear it, Sir. Sounds great!
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Now how about we start working on them playing during commercials and timeouts... I want nothing but the Aggie band or yells moving forward!
Loaded
AG
Outstanding!
Quito
AG
Really like this and THANK YOU!

On a similar note, we still having the Corps Trip and parade to Ft Worth for the Arky game?
Olsen
awrollins
This is really great news. Thank you for making this happen.
AgsinGA
AG
I want to say thank you for the change in heart regarding the band. I was very vocal about the importance of the band being there and my disappointment that they were not attending.

I appreciate your new decision and allowing all Aggies the benefit of having the band at all games. We all believe it is important and I will now change my donation back to assist in the cost. I recognize the sacrifice for the students and staff and appreciate it.

My Dad was in the band and I can't tell you how happy it will be for him as well to see this news and when we go to games.

Please let us know how to get additional donations to the band since the 12th Man donation method is closed for this year.

Thanks again and Gig 'em.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
This is great news.
CowboyGirl
AG
Commandant79 said:

In addition to the 7 home games, the entire Aggie Band will travel to the Arkansas game (Arlington), and the LSU game in Baton Rouge and march at halftime. An all upperclassman Band (PHs, Butts, Zips) will travel to the UCLA game in LA and march at halftime. Thats 10 games this year that the Aggie Band will march at halftime.

A 100 piece "Travel Band" will bus to the Ole Miss game and play in the stands, but not march. We will also send ODs and Reveille and her handlers to that game.

A 100 piece Travel Band will fly to the Florida game and play in the stands, but not march. We will also send ODs and Reveille and her handlers to that game.

This year, the Aggie Band will be present at EVERY football game, even though for 2 of those games they will only play in the stands and not march at halftime. This is the first year to do this, and we will look at each year individually after this year to determine what games we can send the Band to. Our intent is to try and get the Aggie Band to EVERY game that we can possibly get them to - even if just to play in the stands.

Hope this answers your question.

Its taken a lot of coordination and effort, but we are pleased that the Aggie Band will be at every game this year. Thanks for your support and love of our Corps. Gig 'em and Beat the HELL Outta UCLA!
Just wanted to say thank you for getting the FTAB to all of the road games this year!! Really makes a difference when attending away games to have them there!!! I hope the experience was positive and will be repeated next year too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.