Missing sailor believed overboard found...

2,521 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mickeyrig06sq3
FightnFarmerUSMC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
still aboard ship. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for this butt chewing.
Say Chowdah
AG
So he was hiding on board for 7 days? Its difficult to imagine that he acted alone in that "prank".
Moy
Less than a month as a frocked NCO.......there's got to be a heck of a story behind this one.
Wildman15
AG
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

But can we at least crown him hide and seek champion?
aggiejim70
AG
FightnFarmerUSMC said:

still aboard ship. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for this butt chewing.
Just out of idle curiosity, is your first name Larry, and do we have a mutual friend in Switzerland?
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
FightnFarmerUSMC
AG
Negative. Not the Marine you're looking for.
zip04
AG
From what I am hearing (from other Naval Officers who have served under the ship's CO), command climate was a very likely story here. This CO does not believe in mental health issues, and if any would come up (atleast at his previous commands), he would confine said sailors to the ship on class C liberty and tell his crew not to report it. Also, during his current command he had to be told by C7F JAG to stop sending people to the brig over every little thing because he was abusing his ability to send people for 3 days bread and water. He takes people to mast for petty stuff and hammers the crap out of them.

Obviously this sailor did not handle it very well and made a stupid decision to hide, however, this CO has quite the reputation for being a complete ass (even when he was on shore duty).
Say Chowdah
AG
Quote:

stop sending people to the brig over every little thing because he was abusing his ability to send people for 3 days bread and water.
Can they really do that?

I thought that was just an anecdote.
zip04
AG
Can they really do what? I had a CO send people to 3 days bread and water in the Brig 5 separate times within 12 months. Two were within the same week.
Say Chowdah
AG
Yes, the bread and water thing.

Before you answered, I looked it up. It does appear to have its usefulness but it seems really medieval in its description.
DogCo84
AG
Heard from a currently deployed enlisted Navy friend a couple of days ago:

Quote:

"The whole thing with the Shiloh and their missing guy seemed pretty funny at first, seeing as he was somehow hiding out in an engineering space for like a week, but after hearing about their command climate and how you'd only get liberty with like an appointment or other business I feel for the guy. I think most people would go a bit crazy if you were never able to leave the ship even in port."

Just an incredible state of affairs if true?
Marauder Blue 6
AG
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2017/10/09/i-now-hate-my-ship-surveys-reveal-disastrous-morale-on-cruiser-shiloh/
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2017/10/09/i-now-hate-my-ship-surveys-reveal-disastrous-morale-on-cruiser-shiloh/

Holy crap, I'm surprised the captain didn't slip and fall overboard one night. Pathetic that the chain of command failed their sailors to this degree.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.