How long is AF OTS graduation?

2,275 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jock 07
Koko Chingo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will be in Alabama at the end of the week to spend a couple of days doing the open house, commissioning ceremony, and OTS graduation. Does anyone know the timeline for the last day? The information I have, shows the last thing is Friday at 1100 -- "Graduation"

How long does "graduation" last? Are you allowed to go off base with your new officer afterwards for lunch?

If yes, any suggestions for a casual place that serves 15ish people that wont have the rest of graduation ceremony in line with us? (its more about the fellowship than the food)

Justice Beaver
AG
Koko Chingo said:

I will be in Alabama at the end of the week to spend a couple of days doing the open house, commissioning ceremony, and OTS graduation. Does anyone know the timeline for the last day? The information I have, shows the last thing is Friday at 1100 -- "Graduation"

How long does "graduation" last? Are you allowed to go off base with your new officer afterwards for lunch?

If yes, any suggestions for a casual place that serves 15ish people that wont have the rest of graduation ceremony in line with us? (its more about the fellowship than the food)

Realize this is a little late being as it's Friday morning, but I just graduated OTS in March.

I believe I was done with everything (commissioning, parade, checking out of the dorms) by 1300.

Once you check out of the dorm, your flight commander hands you a manilla envelope with all your important paperwork and you're officially released.

We went to a BBQ place downtown afterward (Dreamland I think was the name), but it was pretty packed with other families.

My suggestion would be looking at a restaurant in Prattville or on the East side (Can't remember the name of the big shopping center/mall but there were a lot of restaurants out that way.)

Congrats, gig 'em, and welcome to the AF to your new officer.
Koko Chingo
AG
Funny. I am sitting in the bleachers waiting for the parade to start right now.
Jock 07
AG
Derk's lunch counter.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.