Any New Corps Policy Change Updates?

1,615 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AGGies0311
SpiDer2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw the old thread was deleted. Any current corps turds care to share if anything has become of your voices being heard? (Or not heard). Thanks.
Ordhound04
AG

Still there:
https://texags.com/forums/63/topics/2844185

Although the cadet run corps website has expired:
https://www.cadetruncorps.com

The irony being that they made a huge deal that they weren't going anywhere, and then went away. Although this could show that the corps has truly gone full new army, cause "Ol' Army" can stay mad and hold a grudge for much longer than just a mere 6 weeks.
CharlieBrown17
AG
No one will know what actually changed until cadre training before FOW.

Displeasure was made known, changes to the proposed new policies were promised and it'll be like every year. Something extreme was supposed to change, cadets got pissed so less changed but it didn't seem as bad as what was supposed to happen.
sharpdressedman
The absence of any engagement by the Commandant on the policy change thread is very concerning and equally disappointing.
HollywoodBQ
AG
I've been thrilled with the level of participation by the Commandant on this board. Dispelling rumours here and there, providing facts, straight from the horse's mouth so to speak.

wrt - the "sky is falling" policy changes for next year as alleged by current cadets, I'm not sure what you're expecting. A point-by-point analysis, explanation and discussion?

I'm sure that they've already had plenty of internal discussion prior to making their decisions and I'm sure that we'll never know the full reason for each item that has been changed. It's not like we're having a Corps run by your local City Council where concerned citizens can get their 5 minutes in front of the microphone to tell everyone how much they'll be inconvenienced by the new rules.

If you're a current cadet, take it up with your chain of command. If you're a former cadet or parent, hang on and enjoy the ride. We're not there on campus and we don't really know what's going on. I have faith that the staff collectively, will act in the best interests of the organisation.

Frankly, after seeing many of the recent changes in the University, the Corps/Band is about all I really care about anymore wrt Texas A&M.

My oldest child is graduating on Friday and after that, my future A&M trips will probably only be for things like reunions with my buddies when our last deployed guy comes back from Afghanistan in November.
AGGies0311
Snowflakes melt when the heat rises
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.