Better Response to Policy

3,903 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Wildman15
fishspurs2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unlike the post going on right now someone better addressed the way cadets felt by making a website. Thought I would share it here: https://www.cadetruncorps.com/
Wildman15
AG
Has anyone actually considered presenting these ideas in person?
74OA
AG
To reach the right people, this link needs to be posted on the Corps Association website. Former governor/cadet Perry might well be an influential ally, as well.
Wildman15
AG
Perry might as well get involved. He's already started with the SBP elections
Drum5343
AG
Wildman15 said:

Yeah. I know people are afraid of retaliation. But if hundreds and hundreds of cadets in leadership positions are really concerned about this, then hundreds and hundreds should personally, in person, deliver this message. Internet petitions never accomplish anything.
JABQ04
AG
Drum5343 said:

Wildman15 said:

Yeah. I know people are afraid of retaliation. But if hundreds and hundreds of cadets in leadership positions are really concerned about this, then hundreds and hundreds should personally, in person, deliver this message. Internet petitions never accomplish anything.

My new battery 1SG wanted to change our motto and Battery name down range. We didn't like his idea and made a petition. It really didn't end well.
TXAggie03
AG
God bless the Corps and the way she used to be.
Drum5343
AG
I predict this online petition, as slickly designed and well worded as it is, will get nothing done.

Drum5343
AG
JABQ04 said:

Drum5343 said:

Wildman15 said:

My new battery 1SG wanted to change our motto and Battery name down range. We didn't like his idea and made a petition. It really didn't end well.
Well, since there's no such thing as punitive PT anymore, what's the worst that could happen?

Oh, right.
JABQ04
AG
This was almost 10 years ago. I learned a valuable and painful lesson that day about petitioning the CoC.
Comeby!
AG
JABQ04 said:

This was almost 10 years ago. I learned a valuable and painful lesson that day about petitioning the CoC.

Go on...
Drum5343
AG
The idea that everyone is so afraid to present these ideas in person is absurd.

If these young men and women want us to believe they are capable of running a cadet corps, they need to stop hiding behind the anonymity of the internet and actually have the cajones to present these ideas in person.

If they are all literally murdered by the big bad commandant, then we will know the cadets were right and well...

But if they're slightly wrong and the corps leaders and CTOs respect them for presenting their concerns convincingly with tact and respect... Well then what a surprise that human beings will often respect you if you respect them.

Comeby!
AG
Drum5343 said:

If these young men and women want us to believe they are capable of running a cadet corps, they need to stop hiding behind the anonymity of the internet and actually have the cajones to present these ideas in person.

Alright then, put your money where your mouth is and tell us your full real name, tough guy.
Drum5343
AG
Hmm...reveal my name so TexAgs can Facebook stalk me and harass my family? Sounds like a plan.

Besides, what would that accomplish?

I don't mean these men and women should tell us TexAgs users who they are. I just mean that they can't rely on Internet letters to accomplish what to hope to accomplish.
chickencoupe16
AG
Despite being off base on so many other subjects (actually, nearly every), Drum has a point. If you really feel strongly about this, then the potential repercussions of openly opposing GRam shouldn't matter. There's a lot to be said for having the conviction and courage to stand up your what you believe in.

Now, I don't honestly think that it will change GRam's mind, but any chance is worth it if you feel that these changes are so terrible (and they are). That said, there's nothing wrong with an online movement but it cannot be the only form of resistance.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Or you know there might actually be cadets going through the chain but that doesn't put public pressure on the OOC.
chickencoupe16
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

That said, there's nothing wrong with an online movement but it cannot be the only form of resistance.

Reading comprehension...
CharlieBrown17
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

chickencoupe16 said:

That said, there's nothing wrong with an online movement but it cannot be the only form of resistance.

Reading comprehension...

I missed the part where you were the only person posting on the thread
chickencoupe16
AG
Oh yeah? Well... Fair enough
Rice and Fries
Why can't someone just "Martin Luther" this stuff and just post a list of grievances on the front door of the Trigon, flood the quad with copies of it and actually do something to get the attention of the commandant and the bulls??
trouble
AG
The website got their attention.
Rice and Fries
Did it? I haven't heard really anything about the Commandants reaction or response to it....

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if he just wrote it off and stomp off in his ACU's
trouble
AG
Just because there hasn't been a public statement doesn't mean it didn't have the desired effect.
Rice and Fries
Found the commandants response...

IGAS
He cared enough that the university is currently in the process of sending a cease and desist letter based on copyright infringement.
McInnis80
I saw on the calendar in the presentation that the Arkansas game weekend is listed as a Corps Open Weekend. In the past this was a Corps Trip. So does this mean 2016 was the "The Last Corps Trip"?
PetroAg87
AG
Looks like it might be. Calendar lists the Arkansas game as FTAB & ODs only. Also is showing the FTAB going to Florida, Ole Miss, and LSU. Guess the Commandant chose Band trips over Corps trips?
Wildman15
AG
There might have been a problem with squaring away seating for the entire corps since it's at Jerry world
redcrayon
AG
snowmnag970 said:

Why can't someone just "Martin Luther" this stuff and just post a list of grievances on the front door of the Trigon, flood the quad with copies of it and actually do something to get the attention of the commandant and the bulls??

They did exactly that...just a 21st century version!
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
IGAS said:

He cared enough that the university is currently in the process of sending a cease and desist letter based on copyright infringement.

Please tell me this isn't true. Scary when leadership uses a strategy straight from Scientology.
Lord_TyTy
I'm not a cadet, but have friends in the Corps. Those who spoke out faced punishment from Corps Staff when they did it in person. Now they're doing it anonymously and the same Staff members are calling them cowards
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Lord_TyTy said:

I'm not a cadet, but have friends in the Corps. Those who spoke out faced punishment from Corps Staff when they did it in person. Now they're doing it anonymously and the same Staff members are calling them cowards

They could always do a middle ground. Sign their name publicly to that website. If anything happens, post it next to their name. "fish Jones - 5 RWs"
trouble
AG
I've heard from a reliable source that it is.

The folks running the website removed all images today though
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Could even have past cadets sign it using the same method. "John Smith '14 - removed from 1st Sgt for X"
AGGies0311
The cadets cannot possibly think they could run the corps by themselves. Come on guys and gals, remember playing in the tunnels, IT late in the evening.... all of those were cadet run instances..... 18-21 year olds should not be able to make those decisions while they live on campus and represent the university the way the corps does.... if they were in a frat then go for it make whatever decisions you want... but you don't see frats on TAMU billboards in Houston, DFW, or Austin.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.