Whitebelt Inspections?

2,153 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aggie Infantry
TXAggie03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've heard that whitebelts are subject to regular uniform inspections. Is this happening?
74OA
AG
During my day, all outfits--including whitebelts--underwent regular unannounced personal appearance (uniform/weight/haircut) inspections conducted by the various staffs when we formed up for chow...
TXAggie03
AG
Interesting. In my day once we were whitebelts we were squared away enough to not have to be treated like a fish.
aggiejim70
AG
74OA said:

During my day, all outfits--including whitebelts--underwent regular unannounced personal appearance (uniform/weight/haircut) inspections conducted by the various staffs when we formed up for chow...
Things must have changed over the summer from the time I graduated to when you were a fish. I don't remember a white belt ever inspected by anyone except for Federal Inspection. But, you have to remember, I'm an old BQ and those bozos up the quad knew better than to screw with us.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
CT'97
AG
TXAggie03 said:

Interesting. In my day once we were whitebelts we were squared away enough to not have to be treated like a fish.
Expect what you inspect. One of the best lessons I learned as a young LT.
74OA
AG
CT'97 said:

TXAggie03 said:

It's important to occasionally reinforce the lesson that standards apply to everyone, not just blackbelts. My observation is that the 2% rule is valid for all classes, and the proof is that it isn't difficult to pick out the occasional less-than-sharp or fattie whitebelt during every march-in. Additionally, if memory serves, the unannounced outfit appearance inspection results were part of the General Moore calculation.
bigtruckguy3500
TXAggie03 said:

Yeah, and at least a quarter of the whitebelts looked worse than the fish when I was in the Corps (a few years after you). Whether it was a 5 o'clock shadow, poorly shined low-qarters, unshined boots (zip or combat), or grody unpolished brass, you could tell which whitebelts cared and which didn't. Knowing that you're not being inspected makes it easy to let your standards slide, that's why folks that end up on staff usually end up looking like trash and get fat. Usually pissheads at least feel some shame, even if they're not directly inspected, because they're always infront of the fish. A lot of white belts that aren't in direct leadership positions spend minimal time in front of the fish.

74OA said:

CT'97 said:

TXAggie03 said:

It's important to occasionally reinforce the lesson that standards apply to everyone, not just blackbelts. My observation is that the 2% rule is valid for all classes, and the proof is that it isn't difficult to pick out the occasional less-than-sharp or fattie whitebelt during every march-in. Additionally, if memory serves, the unannounced outfit appearance inspection results were part of the General Moore calculation.

There was a while where GM inspections turned into white glove inspections where you were given 24 hours notice. It was a ridiculous policy where they expected us to have zero dust on on any horizontal surface, including behind desks, in the A/C vents, have all our clothes perfectly spaced in the closet. What ended up happening was we'd just get rid of as many uniform and personal items as possible and store them in the closets of our buddies from other outfits. And then we'd stay up all night sweeping, mopping, remaking our beds, dusting, pledging EVERYTHING, and not studying. They eventually changed it to where it was an unannounced morning inspection - you'd get ready like normal and before you'd fall out on the quad, the Corps IG would show up with his helpers and you had 5 minutes or something to get your room ready. There was no white glove, but you were expected to have things moderately clean and tidy, as well as have your uniforms squared away and know your campos.
74OA
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

TXAggie03 said:

Yeah, and at least a quarter of the whitebelts looked worse than the fish when I was in the Corps (a few years after you). Whether it was a 5 o'clock shadow, poorly shined low-qarters, unshined boots (zip or combat), or grody unpolished brass, you could tell which whitebelts cared and which didn't. Knowing that you're not being inspected makes it easy to let your standards slide, that's why folks that end up on staff usually end up looking like trash and get fat. Usually pissheads at least feel some shame, even if they're not directly inspected, because they're always infront of the fish. A lot of white belts that aren't in direct leadership positions spend minimal time in front of the fish.

74OA said:

CT'97 said:

TXAggie03 said:

There was a while where GM inspections turned into white glove inspections where you were given 24 hours notice. It was a ridiculous policy where they expected us to have zero dust on on any horizontal surface, including behind desks, in the A/C vents, have all our clothes perfectly spaced in the closet. What ended up happening was we'd just get rid of as many uniform and personal items as possible and store them in the closets of our buddies from other outfits. And then we'd stay up all night sweeping, mopping, remaking our beds, dusting, pledging EVERYTHING, and not studying. They eventually changed it to where it was an unannounced morning inspection - you'd get ready like normal and before you'd fall out on the quad, the Corps IG would show up with his helpers and you had 5 minutes or something to get your room ready. There was no white glove, but you were expected to have things moderately clean and tidy, as well as have your uniforms squared away and know your campos.
Yeah, our GM dorm inspections were announced and were definitely white glove, and those and all the other types of inspections were part of the year-long GM competition which included march-in grades, academics, discipline stats, etc. etc. etc.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I rarely get inspected outside of guardroom ORI or corps graded inspections, however my buddies and I **** on each other when someone has a bad uniform and it usually gets fixed before we see them again.

Really all it takes imo
Aggie Infantry
AG
Class of 1986...
On occasion, the CO of the outfit would inspect the zips. Rare - about once a month.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.