Favorite PT exercises for punishment

16,277 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 45-70Ag
FightnFarmerUSMC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got into a discussion with some buddies the other day about our favorite ways to PT new guys to the unit or idiots that were stupid. I was always a fan of burpees or sun gods. Buddy carries and buddy drags or buddy squats were always fun. I had a Sgt that would have us do side straddle hops at his cadence. He would speed up and slow down with no notice. We would normally do over 200 4 counts at various speeds and would have to push if were off his cadence. had a buddy that would make anyone that screwed up stand and tap their foot. Full flex with the heel never leaving the ground, slowly. Doesn't sound bad, but your shin muscles are screaming after 45 seconds. He would make them go for 5 minutes, minimum. What y'all got?
AGGies0311
Gas mask run up Sugar Cookie at 0200.
BQ78
AG
Hard to beat burpees; for variety wall sits (pink stools) are pretty bad too. Manmakers if you have some 40 or > weights.
clarythedrill
Lizard chasers

Little man in the woods

Eight count push-up

T-bones

And if you wanted to hurt them, mule kicks barefoot on the hard tile floor. Instant shin splints and a recycle. Ah, memories
Eliminatus
AG
Honestly the worse I can remember is just going for long runs into the desert. Where no one can hear your screaming.

My squad leader was an ultra-marathon runner....
Presley OBannons Sword
All of which would result in a hazing charge today
FightnFarmerUSMC
AG
What the hell is a lizard chaser and a T-bone?
Rabid Cougar
AG
My son is strength and conditioning coach at a D1 school. He is an expert in this and we have actually talked about this topic.. Simple but sadistic is key. Continuous movement through a combination of simple exercises will drop even the most conditioned athlete. Sit ups, flutter kicks, bicycles, planks, burpees, lunges, in place jumping , air squats, up-downs and running.
Can do these in series until you ( the instructor) get tired or bored.
clarythedrill
FightnFarmerUSMC said:

Lizard chaser- start in the catchers position, hands behind your head, then run in place in the squatted position. Say goodbye to your knees.
T-bone- get on ground, lift your butt off the air with your hands by your side, so only your hands and heels of feet are touching the ground. 1- bend knees bringing feet to crotch 2- push feet back out to extended position 3- throw legs open as wide a possible 4- bring feet back together. Do this twice as it is an eight count exercise. Done while repeating "I love the T-bone the T-bone loves me". This one would not cause any damage, but would smoke the lower body.
FightnFarmerUSMC
AG
clarythedrill said:

FightnFarmerUSMC said:

Lizard chaser- start in the catchers position, hands behind your head, then run in place in the squatted position. Say goodbye to your knees.
T-bone- get on ground, lift your butt off the air with your hands by your side, so only your hands and heels of feet are touching the ground. 1- bend knees bringing feet to crotch 2- push feet back out to extended position 3- throw legs open as wide a possible 4- bring feet back together. Do this twice as it is an eight count exercise. Done while repeating "I love the T-bone the T-bone loves me". This one would not cause any damage, but would smoke the lower body.
That's fantastic. Thank god I missed those for whatever reason.
BQ78
AG
I'll add sitting in the downside of a squat for extended periods of time like I did this morning is pretty nasty. Could barely do the V-ups afterward.
Presley OBannons Sword
BQ78 said:

I'll add sitting in the downside of a squat for extended periods of time like I did this morning is pretty nasty. Could barely do the V-ups afterward.

We did these at OCS while holding our rifles in front of us by the front sight post and charging handle (pulled back). Damn near impossible.
AGGies0311
The ol thumb through the front sight post gives me PTSD
FightnFarmerUSMC
AG
We had some that would have to run circles around the entire company during humps chanting some type of nonsense pertaining to their infraction. They were always dead by the end.
AGGies0311
5 layers of clothing duck walk.

Sapper Redux
No one mentions the dying cockroach? That was always fun to watch.
3 William 56
AG
8-count bodybuilders
yutyutag05
AG
Mini-man jumping jacks
clarythedrill
yutyutag05 said:

Mini-man jumping jacks
AKA the Little Man in the Woods. Extremely hard on the knees and ankles.
45-70Ag
AG
Most humiliating was called the monkey fu**er
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.