Ag CO of USS Rushmore quits

2,494 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 74OA
3 William 56
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.navytimes.com/articles/the-commander-of-this-navy-warship-just-walked-off-the-job

DeGroot took command of Rushmore in March after serving as the ship's executive officer. A California native, DeGroot was commissioned after graduating from Texas A&M in 1998.
CanyonAg77
AG
Graduate of Galveston campus.
AEK
AG
I wonder if there is more to the story...
74OA
AG
AEK said:

Of course there is. As the CO of a major vessel, all she needed was a successful tour to be a lock for future promotion to Captain. Without some uniquely extenuating circumstances, walking away from her command means that she's ended her career, so she wouldn't do that lightly. It'll be interesting to read what prompted her action (if we ever know)........
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
74OA said:

AEK said:

Of course there is. As the CO of a major vessel, all she needed was a successful tour to be a lock for future promotion to Captain. Without some uniquely extenuating circumstances, walking away from her command means that she's ended her career, so she wouldn't do that lightly. It'll be interesting to read what prompted her action (if we ever know)........

Election related?
CanyonAg77
AG
Election? I doubt it. She or her subordinates screwed the pooch somehow, and she's quitting before they can fire her. Either that or she has mental or physical problems that she knows will cause her to suffer or make mistakes. Maybe she's just freaking tired of the whole thing.
74OA
AG
A Little More
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.