FTAB at Trump's inaugural parade ?

6,293 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by yeshellyes
The Kraken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If memory serves correct, the FTAB has participated in the last 3 parades in which a Republican was inaugurated...1989, 2001 and 2005. I wonder if they get another invite?
Scruffy
AG
If memory serves correctly, the last three repualso had ties to the State.
I don't think one does.
HollywoodBQ
AG
New World Ag said:

If memory serves correct, the FTAB has participated in the last 3 parades in which a Republican President who claimed Texas as their home state was inaugurated...1989, 2001 and 2005.
FIFY

But a better question is, given the fact that The Donald is from NY and NY didn't really vote for him, is there any college band from NY that would be willing to accept an invite to the Inaugural parade in support of Trump?
The Kraken
AG
There are participants from every state, can you think of s better representative for ours?
The Kraken
AG
Probably not. There's always a contingent from West Point and I'm sure there will be another from NY Military Academy since Trump went to high school there.
HollywoodBQ
AG
New World Ag said:

There are participants from every state, can you think of s better representative for ours?
Since you brought it up... Yes. The Kilgore Rangerettes are much more attractive anyway.

armymom
BCOBQ98
AG
1, 2, 4, 3
130Ag82
AG
Ross Volunteers and FTAB both marched in Reagan's inauguration in 1981.
ABATTBQ87
AG
130Ag82 said:

Ross Volunteers and FTAB both marched in Reagan's inauguration in 1981.

FTAB did not March in 1981 inauguration parade
130Ag82
AG
You're right. It was the t.u. band that went from the state of Texas that year. But as it should be...they marched in behind the R.V's.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Texas State dance team has accepted invitation to participate in inauguration parade, wonder how many Texas groups will be invited
Olsen
AG
Lil' & Elite Wranglers dance team from here in Aggieland got the invite to perform at the Inauguration as well.
Wildmen03
AG
I marched in the 2001 parade. Good times.
Rabid Cougar
AG
Crawford High School Band (Crawford, Texas) is marching in the parade. I think that is an odd coincidence.
McInnis80
Who pays for the various units in the parade. Since this is a Federal Government event, I highly doubt that this trip will be on Uncle Sam. The cost to fly the FTAB to DC could approach 7 figures. Somehow I doubt that this kind of change in a special account with the University.

Also the actual parade gets very little coverage except on CSPAN. The networks show the ceremony but show very little of the parade. Let Texas State have their moment in the sun, or more likely, the snow.
JABQ04
AG
Wildmen03 said:

I marched in the 2001 parade. Good times.

It was good times. Glad we got to go. You were one of my PHs by the way
BQ89AG
AG
http://www.vmi.edu/news/headlines/2016-2017/corps-to-march-in-presidential-inaugural.php

1300 cadets and only 189 miles to DC...
BQ89AG
281TexAg
AG
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/30/politics/trump-inauguration-parade/index.html
Titan 2013
AG
Given the long list of names, I'd be damn near ashamed if the FTAB didn't march.
yeshellyes
AG
Lil' Wranglers, College Station, Texas ??
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.