Airforce Bases in U.S. Debunk or Confirm

4,178 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Internet buzzing about spotting UN troops landing at U.S. Airforce bases. Figured worth a debunk by one of our fine Airforce Ags because, as ridiculous as it sounds, we are talking about the most corrupt government in our history.
NormanAg
AG
Doesn't sound very plausible to me. And I live very close to an AF base. I also don't see the point of "UN troops landing at AF bases". For what possible purpose?
airplane driver
S
I have heard the UN wants to monitor the elections.
Stive
AG
Going ahead and adding this to my watch list.....just for light hearted humor purposes.
CanyonAg77
AG

Naveronski
AG
Actually, it's probably true, but not nearly as exciting as you want it to be.

Who is the UN? A bunch of our allies and some assorted miscreants?

And we do a lot of cross training with various allies?

So it's quite possible that somewhere in the US, one of our allies has come for training.

No tin foil needed.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

And we do a lot of cross training with various allies?
Shepherd AFB at Wichita Falls trains a lot of NATO pilots. Holloman at Alamogordo has a German training detachment. My kid trained a lot of internationals; Columbia, Iraq, Saudi, etc
Naveronski
AG
Exactly.

When I was in SA, there was a ton of foreign military around there, including some going through AMEDD programs.
Stive
AG
Ah the joys of internet paranoia. It's one of the things that most consistently brings a smile to my face.

To the others that posted here: thanks for pointing out solid, valid information supported by facts. It's good to know there are still some out there like yourselves!
TangoMike
airplane driver said:

The only place you could have heard that is the TexAgs politics board. Those people were also convinced Jade Helm was a military coup
Stive
AG
Tribe2013 said:

airplane driver said:

The only place you could have heard that is the TexAgs politics board. Those people were also convinced Jade Helm was a military coup

See that's what you missed. This IS part of jade helm. It's the second wave and has been part of the plan all along!
airplane driver
S
At Ft Hood there is/was a contingent of helicopter pilots from The Netherlands who trained here because the training area here is larger than their entire country.
Naveronski
AG
Tribe2013 said:

airplane driver said:

I was disappointed to be deployed during jade helm. Sounded like good times.
CanyonAg77
AG
Even in the civilian world, a lot of foreign nationals train here. I knew of a former Lufthansa pilot who set up shop in Plainivew and trained German civilians. They would bend the rules by coming on a tourist visa, but they could still obtain a private pilots license for less than they could at home, even after paying for travel and lodging.
CanyonAg77
AG
Tribe2013 said:

airplane driver said:

One or two, maybe. The vast majority mocked it.
Rabid Cougar
AG
Yes Australian Air Force is monitoring activities in Waco......even flying their big two engine surveillance aircraft around town spraying chemicals.
Hey Nav
AG
oldarmy, have you talked to your sector leader?
bigtruckguy3500
I think the XO of Fort Hood a few years ago was a Canadian general.
CanyonAg77
AG
Rabid Cougar said:

Yes Australian Air Force is monitoring activities in Waco......even flying their big two engine surveillance aircraft around town spraying chemicals.
Which is a real trick, since they are flying upside down....being Aussies and all.
Justice Beaver
AG
Rabid Cougar said:

NormanAg
AG
That reminds me - I have Canadian military folks living right in my neighborhood. Come to think of it, we have ALWAYS had Canadians in my neighborhood - and I have lived here for over 20 years.

Good neighbors and folks, but just like most Canadians I have known (lived in Canada for two years), they all have Canadian flag decals on their cars, flag patches on their backpacks, etc, etc.

The last thing a Canadian wants is to be mistaken for an American. And I'm not kidding.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Rabid Cougar said:

Little brother - BayLOL grad, works the counter at a pizza joint in Waco. Last week, he had 3 RAAF guys come in for lunch. Apparently, the Royal Australian Air Force guys are taking some sort of classes or something out at TSTC.
Rabid Cougar
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Rabid Cougar said:

Little brother - BayLOL grad, works the counter at a pizza joint in Waco. Last week, he had 3 RAAF guys come in for lunch. Apparently, the Royal Australian Air Force guys are taking some sort of classes or something out at TSTC.
L3 is working on their brand new C-27's. I "had lunch" with their CO at Subway in Bellmead. Guy was sitting at the table next to me and I inquired if he was lost. Had a good conversation with him. He had been at Talil, Iraq when I was there in '07. About eight months ago, one of them was doing touch and goes out at the Regional airport and blew a tire on landing and skidded off the runway. They towed it to the apron and found a bunch of structural damage. L3 came and built one of the big white trash bag looking hangers over it right where it sat. Hasn't moved since. Have only recently seen any movement around it. The others fly around pretty regularly. Friend of mine who works for L3 rides with them all the time.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
AF 1954 Denver = we had a Major in the Iran AF in our school - top that ! True story - his name was ***ar

pronounced FOOkar. He won a drawing at the Commisary - imagine the shock when the PA said " Maj. ***ar

has won the drawing " mispronouncing his name !
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.