Does anyone have a pic of the C-1 outfit logo from late 50s to early 60s?

4,152 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggieband 83
Waller County Aggie 04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My dad was C-1'63 and I wanted to get him a Holicks wallet / checkbook cover for Christmas but I don't have a picture of the old outfit logo.

I know it was Saber C when he was there and not Cobra C.

Any help would be appreciated.
CenterHillAg
AG
We were going to make some shirts with the old Saber-C logo when I was in but never got around to it. Seems like one of my buddies found the old logos looking through Corps museum documents or CCA files.
CanyonAg77
AG
Go look in your Dad's old Aggieland or one at the AFS or Cushing Library or a classmate's.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Did C-1 evolve from C Armor?
OldArmy71
AG
The outfit yell suggested it was a cavalry unit:

C Troop Jocks!

#######! Fighters! and Wild Horse Riders!

Last of the Old Cavalry!

[This message has been edited by OldArmy71 (edited 7/7/2012 2:23p).]
74ZIP
AG
There are a lot of old outfit logo signs hanging in Duncan Dining Hall---not sure how far back or if one for Saber C
aghistory
AG
With the reorganization of the Corps in the Fall of 1959, C-1 was comprised of part of A Armor & B Armor from the old branch units. Your dad would have been the first class under the new system, but would have had upperclassmen from these two old units.
aghistory
AG
C-1 outfit for his senior year was comprised of a cavalryman on horseback facing forward, with saber drawn. Crossed saber and lightning bolt under a large enlongated C on top.
ABATTBQ87
AG
quote:
C-1 was comprised of part of A Armor & B Armor from the old branch units.

My uncle was in B Armor, class of '54 and my dad was C Armor, class of 1958
DBSwooper
quote:
With the reorganization of the Corps in the Fall of 1959, C-1 was comprised of part of A Armor & B Armor from the old branch units. Your dad would have been the first class under the new system, but would have had upperclassmen from these two old units

Has anyone ever made a "family tree" of outfits? Breaking down what outfits merged to make the new outfits in '59 then what outfits split to form new outfits, etc?

A big printout would be a neat thing to have up in the Corps Center.

Over the years I've heard some great stories, for instance at an outfit reunion a few years ago some guys from K-1 came to our C-2 reunion. Come to find out they were a couple of the founding members and they had been upset when they were split off to form K-1. According to them they made the motto "K-O K" to spell out "Kok" to reference the Old Army Cock Company.

Those sorts of stories wouldn't be included in a family tree, but the tree would still give lineage and a history.
OldArmy71
AG
Here is the outfit genealogy from the Corps of Cadets Association:

http://www.corpsofcadets.org/outfit-genealogy-since-1876/

[This message has been edited by OldArmy71 (edited 7/10/2012 11:02p).]
DBSwooper
That's neat, but it is a bit all over the place, a full family tree type diagram look great.
Tango Mike
That is one of the worst looking professional products I've ever seen
OldArmy71
AG
The format does seem more scattered than it used to be. It was never in a "family tree" format, but it used to be clearer than it is now.

One of you enterprising folks should take that information and create a nice graphic for us.

[This message has been edited by OldArmy71 (edited 7/11/2012 12:59p).]
F4GIB71
Waller County,
If you haven't already found an image, I can send you a scanned image from '68 Aggieland. Let me know how to get it to you.

As an aside, their outfit song was "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon". They adapted the song from the 1949 John Wayne movie of the same name. The outfit was Sabre C and also known as C Troop Jocks.
tamucadet19
Hi, I am a current student looking for that specific logo, is there someway I could a hold of it?
bigtruckguy3500
If it's in the 1968 Aggieland as mentioned above by F4GIB71, then it should be in the Corps Center. Go talk to someone on Corps Center Guard, or Lisa Kalmus (the Corps Center librarian), and they should be able to help you out.
Ordhound04
AG
http://bookreader.library.tamu.edu/book.php?id=yb1961&getbook=Go#page/n97/mode/2up

Page 95 of the 1961 Aggieland yearbook

Edit: I would have added the picture, but I'm using my phone.
93Spur
A family tree would be difficult and convoluted.
While a family tree provides a single end product with a generally doubling each level, the outfit history lacks that relationship.
Some outfits progressed directly sequentially (Boozin B-2 to Buzzard B-2 in 1994), some outfits were the result of merger of two units (Guzzlin G-3 and Buzzard B-2 to Guzzlin/Boozin B-2). Some outfits were split and distributed into two existing outfits. Some outfits spawned a second new outfit.
So instead of a tree with branches, it would look more like a briar patch.
aggieband 83
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.