Need a nanny for our 5 year old son

1,537 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 1939
Reload8098
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey my fellow Ags,

We are looking for a new nanny for our just turned 5 year old. We did the Aupair thing for 3 years and it worked out well but were glad to not have someone living in our home again. Our current nanny is "ok" but leaves us stranded way too many times with family emergencies, so much so she's burned through all her PTO and sick days before the year is over. I'm traveling again and my Aggie bride works from home as a director in health care - very much a full time job. So these fairly constant emergencies put us/her in a lurch.

- We are currently renting on the west side but will relocate near Boerne next year.
- He will attend a school church program again this year on Tues & Thurs from 9 - 2:30.
- We pay a salary of $30k a year and the nanny can earn PTO and sick days. We will also pay a bonus if it is earned.
- Other needs/duties are shopping at Costco/HEB/Walmart, dusting, vacuuming, putting dishes away, providing lunch etc.
- We provide a vehicle for errands and taking the kiddo places.
- If the nanny is a good fit and interested, this could roll into a longterm opportunity.

Mon, Weds, Fridays: 8 hours/day
Tues - Thurs: 7 hours/day with quite a bit of flexibility on these days

Total weekly hours: 38
$30k year (a little over $15 an hour).

If you know of anyone please PM me. Thanks in advance.
Humorous Username
AG
I don't have anything for you in regard to recommendations, but when we were looking around 8 years ago, the absolute minimum any of the people we talked with were looking for was $17/hour at that time. Granted, we weren't offering sick time/PTO, but we also were only looking for them to care for the kids, not to also go shop for us, etc.

Hope you're able to find someone.

rancher1953
Neighbor paid his nanny $25 per hour cash. You better plan on paying the going rate.
MookieBlaylock
AG
15$
Bill Miller pays that plus college Tuition

AG
https://www.hutsonnannies.com/

Contact Dinah
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.