Browns Enchiladas

2,886 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by lotsofhp
saysomethin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brown's used to be my go-to both for lunch and they were even better at serving up a tray of enchiladas I could pick up on a Friday to take down South for a hunting weekend.

Have tried the same procedure with both Ponchitos and Blanco but just not the same. Any recs?

gwellis
AG
Cheese enchiladas are soo different many places.

I like Taco Reindo on San Pedro, Titos Taco House on West Avenue, and Benjamin's Kitchen south off !35.

Pattys on Hackberry across from Brown's old spot is good as well .

Gil '91
Bluff Rat
AG
La Cocanita on West Avenue has pretty good cheese enchiladas. The dining room literally has about 8 tables and that's it.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Try Las Palapas? I bet they would make something up like that. My daughter was thrilled with ordering breakfast tacos in advance for the office staff, showed up and they were ready to be picked up, took just seconds to get it all done.
Bluff Rat
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Try Las Palapas? I bet they would make something up like that. My daughter was thrilled with ordering breakfast tacos in advance for the office staff, showed up and they were ready to be picked up, took just seconds to get it all done.
I'm actually surprised how much I started to like Las Palapas but there food/margaritas are pretty good and not expensive. I call it the Bill Miller's of Mexican food.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
If you're heading down 281 South of SA see if you can get some cheese enchiladas from La Cabaa (west side of 281, north of Pleasanton). It's been a while since I've had them, but they have been consistently tasty in the pastl.
outlaw96
AG
I've been traveling a lot for work the past 3.5 years. This is first I'm hearing that Brown's has closed. Definitely the best enchiladas ever. There is no replacement!
saysomethin
AG
Yeah. It's gone. Was one of a kind.

Went ahead and got blanco on blanco.

Called Oscars Tacos on Zarzamora and lady said I had to talk to manager but he wasn't there and she didn't know when he would be back.
PuryearFratDaddy
AG
Outside SA, but chili Bandera (between Pleasanton and Jourdanton) is my favorite cheese enchiladas, Mexican in general.

CE lizard....la Cabaa was great....cheese enchilada were EXACT same in 2015 since 1975 or so (when I was a kid)...
Memory lane...hadn't been in a few years and ordered beef a couple of times saying 'these aren't same'...well ordered cheese and knew immediately they were exact same, ha

Now Albert sold it about 2017 and Selys out of Pleasanton owns it, which is good...but different of course so would certainly check out. We moved back down as the Rib and I grew up here.
rwtxag83
AG
Browns got bought out by the Jaliscos chain. Went from legendary to ho hum. I mean, there not BAD, but not special
lotsofhp
AG
PuryearFratDaddy said:

Outside SA, but chili Bandera (between Pleasanton and Jourdanton) is my favorite cheese enchiladas, Mexican in general.

CE lizard....la Cabaa was great....cheese enchilada were EXACT same in 2015 since 1975 or so (when I was a kid)...
Memory lane...hadn't been in a few years and ordered beef a couple of times saying 'these aren't same'...well ordered cheese and knew immediately they were exact same, ha

Now Albert sold it about 2017 and Selys out of Pleasanton owns it, which is good...but different of course so would certainly check out. We moved back down as the Rib and I grew up here.

Chili Bandera is incredible. It's a must stop if you're down that way. May even be worth a road trip in the spring when while flowers are out.

Great food and friendly staff. I miss that place from back when I made sales calls in the area.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.