Indoor range - Mission Ridge or Nardis on 1604

2,284 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BoomGoesThe
SA Ag 91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Would like to do some indoor shooting the next couple/few weeks, does anybody have any experience and is able to compare Mission Ridge versus the new Nardis on 1604 near Nacogdoches?
NastyNate
I haven't been to Nardis on 1604 but have been to Mission Ridge. Didn't really care for it to be honest. They acted a bit arrogant and asked us to leave when we hit an hour on the lane because they had some members coming in. I guess my money wasn't as good.

I live very close to Buck and Doe's on 281 and have been quite often. They are always very friendly and you can stay as long as you want. I'd check them out.
MookieBlaylock
AG
You paid for an hour and are upset they didnt let you stay longer when someone else had the time

NastyNate
No, you don't pay for an hour. You pay by the hour. As is the case with all other indoor ranges. Generally the minimum is 1 hour. They were telling all non-members they had to leave at an hour because they needed the lanes for members. Apparently members have guaranteed maximum wait times before getting a lane. May not be a big deal to some.
mts6175
AG
Well members do pay to have that right. Yes, their money is greener in that case.....
Ulrich
I haven't tried the others mentioned here, but I like the Nardis range.
The Lurker
AG
Mission Ridge is a nice facility. I haven't been to Nardis on 1604. Bass Pro has their range but haven't been there in years. It was only $10 for an hour or 30 minutes and you could call ahead to reserve the lane.
TxTarpon
Shoot Point Blank is New off 410

Have not been.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
F4GIB71
I prefer shooting outdoors. (Set up multipe targets at different ranges instead of one target.). They definately have their place. I have shot at both one time. Factilites were good. Mission Ridge has a 100 yard range so went there to zero a RDS on an AR. (Don't use target with red background with red dot. I've used outside but think the indoor light, and my old eyes, were a factor).

I've never gone to Buck & Does but have heard good things. There is also McQueeney Gun Range. I have been there a few times. Bought a suppressor for my AR-22 from them. I would go there, check my baby out of the church nursery, shoot, then return until the tax stamp came back.

One reason I don't liek indoor ranges is that some will not allow drawing from a holster. If that is something you want to do (you should), I suggest checking their policy first.
BoomGoesThe
My folks live near 1604 and 281. For my dad's birthday, I would like to get him a gift card or membership to a range. Where would y'all recommend?
OilFieldIRI
S
I went to Mission Ridge a few days ago and you have to be certified/approved to draw from your holster.
OilFieldIRI
S
Mission Ridge does seem a bit overbearing. The RSO's hovering around your shoulder can kill the experience. It's a decent spot.
BoomGoesThe
Thanks for the help. I ended up going with Mission Ridge, hopefully he has good experiences.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.