Deck builder rec in NE San Antonio

1,636 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ABATTBQ11
BoerneAG2021
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for someone to demo and re-build a deck. Thanks and Gig 'Em!
poet0715
AG
River City Deck & Patio
A New Hope
poet0715 said:

River City Deck & Patio
Any follow up on this recommendation? I'm in the market for a deck also.

Thanks.

poet0715
AG
They were great to work with. Completely demolished and hauled away our existing Pine Deck and replaced with new Cedar Deck. Total Square Foot of New Deck is about 540 with approximately 300 covered.

I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

Let me know if you want some additional info on pricing and build time and I'll email or PM you.
wilsonag12
AG
Quality Custom Decks used to be the go to place with Geno Mullins running it, not sure how they are now, but they would be worth looking into. They have been a mainstay in SA for close to 30 years.
A New Hope
poet0715 said:

They were great to work with. Completely demolished and hauled away our existing Pine Deck and replaced with new Cedar Deck. Total Square Foot of New Deck is about 540 with approximately 300 covered.

I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

Let me know if you want some additional info on pricing and build time and I'll email or PM you.
Thanks a bunch, I'd love to see some pics and get an idea what I'd be looking at pricing wise. I don't have an existing deck. just want to put one in to expand from my current concrete covered patio. Total sq ft that I'm looking at...around 400-450 sq ft with 300 ft covered.

Email please to d 7 8 two 3 zero at yahoo.

poet0715
AG
Sent you an email.
ABATTBQ11
AG
wilsonag12 said:

Quality Custom Decks used to be the go to place with Geno Mullins running it, not sure how they are now, but they would be worth looking into. They have been a mainstay in SA for close to 30 years.

Nope nope nope

Don't walk away, run away. They are ****ing terrible.

They missed structural connections, did not tighten/even put on nuts for many bolts, didn't tighten the ledger to the house, used the ledger as a joist instead of hanging them off it, broke my porch light, cut my cable line after I told them exactly where it was, had loose handrail columns, and put a column/footing in an easement that they were told about.

ETA Forgot that they screwed up a footing at the base of the stairs. It was so high that the bottom riser was set into it and destined to rot because it wasn't rated for ground contact. That also tells me they built the stairs before the concrete set. Other footings weren't finished or troweled at all on top and sloped in towards the center, so they would have been water traps.

They are absolute ***** DO NOT EVEN CALL THEM.
wilsonag12
AG
Just curious when this happened? Was wondering if it was after ownership change?
ABATTBQ11
AG
Late summer 2019. Not sure when ownership changed, but they're bad. Their "carpenter" didn't know **** about how to properly build a deck.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.