Relocating to SA advice

1,122 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bam02
Millner5220
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I are relocating to San Antonio did my job for the next 1.5 years. We have to be down there within the next month, and to make it more fun, we're having our first kid next week.

Question for the group... what is a good area to rent for a younger family? We would like to keep rent below $2750 per month. I will be working long hours, and she'll work from home as well with the baby, so safety and comfortable neighborhood is key.

Don't mind commuting as long as it doesn't get much past 45 minutes. I will be commuting to the east side of town in the warehouse districts near China grove.

Thanks in advanced.
Whitetail
AG
Welcome and good luck with the delivery!

That's a pretty healthy rent budget. If I were you, I'd start by looking in Alamo Heights.

For example:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/622-Jessamine-St-Alamo-Heights-TX-78209/26146682_zpid/

Next check out the 'where to live thread'.
dg77ag
AG
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/208-Glentower-Dr-Castle-Hills-TX-78213/26170867_zpid/

The neighbor across the street is a young family with a two year old, your probably within 25 minutes to work.
aggiejim70
AG
I dunno, if you're going to work in China Grove, maybe you should take a look at commuting the other direction. That kind of money would get you a very nice home in the La Vernia area and educated guess is you would turn a nice profit on it in a couple of years
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
bam02
AG
I think the La Vernia suggestion is a great one if small town is your style. If city convenience is more your style I agree with Alamo Heights or Cibolo area.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.