Boat Repair in San Antonio

1,179 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Agswinning
Reload8098
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know a good boat repair shop in SA? Just moved here and can't find any that have decent reviews.
Reel Aggies
AG
Engine repairs or boat itself?
Reload8098
AG
Boat repair. The steering wheel has way to much play in it. In 2001 they went to Teleflex rack-and-pinion, power-assisted steering so I'm guessing this isn't going to be cheap.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Unless you got laid in that thing, and it has sentimental value, sell it to a rube.

Then get a better boat. For real.
Reload8098
AG
Why do you say that? We like the boat. Bought it for a good price. Runs solid. Interior and exterior hull look great. I plan on buying a 27+ sleeper in a couple of years but happy with what I have right now.
No one knows a good mechanic?
Guess I'll figure it out and do it myself.
Beckdiesel03
AG
I called Mayhem boat repair at canyon lake and they were 8 weeks out for repairs back in August and Holiday in New Braunfels was 3 weeks out but I've heard good things about those. A friend of a friend just opened up a boat repair place by Buccees in NB as well called NxtLVL marine but I don't have any experience. We ended up doing the repairs ourselves and just getting the parts were a chore but we were able to save a ton of money. I don't know any in SA though.
Reload8098
AG
Thanks Beck!
Beckdiesel03
AG
No problem. I know Mayhem's lot has cleared out quite considerably the past few weeks just bc I drive by for work. I will say that we thought fixing ours was going to be too hard but we didn't have time or money for a mechanic this year and just with me doing the google and YouTubing and mr. Diesel being able to follow it we spent $200 vs $1500
Reload8098
AG
Yeah I've learned a lot doing things myself. I've done harder things, I'll figure it out. Appreciate the feedback!
atm86
AG
Reload8098 said:

Anyone know a good boat repair shop in SA? Just moved here and can't find any that have decent reviews.
Precision Boat Works in Seguin. Owner's name is Thomas.
DargelSkout
AG
I've heard good things about Fuquay Marine in New Braunfels from two different people. I've never used them, I try to do most things myself unless it's something I can't.
Reload8098
AG
Thanks for the information. I took it to Nxtlvl Marine. Will let you know how it goes.
hook60
If you are still looking, I had good luck with "The Boat Shop".
Agswinning
Eckroat Marine on 3009 and 1863. Brian is a good guy and has reasonable prices.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.