Remote Key Fob

731 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by rwtxag83
SA Ag 91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cross posted on the Automotive Board.

Anyone purchased and had programmed a key fob locally by a locksmith vs. being done at the stealership?

Any recommendations are appreciated.
UnderoosAg
AG
Amerikeys on 281 near Mother's Window Tint. It's north of a "regular" locksmith. It's was about 5-6 years ago, but a chipped key and reprogramming truck and original key was like $80 I think.
BBGigem
AG
UnderoosAg said:

Amerikeys on 281 near Mother's Window Tint. It's north of a "regular" locksmith. It's was about 5-6 years ago, but a chipped key and reprogramming truck and original key was like $80 I think.
I second this. Used them on a key fob before. Hope I don't need them again but that is who I would use if I did.
rwtxag83
AG
A chipped key can be purchased at Home Depot on DeZavala. I just did one there for $70. $75 with tax. Guy said if it doesn't work, bring it back, but in all the years he's been doing them, he's only had one time it didn't work. Worked great for a car I just bought to have an extra key.

Key fobs are very easy to program/set yourself (usually), and you can buy them relatively cheap off the web.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.