Need vet - please help

778 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Reload8098
Reload8098
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We just moved to SA and our dog was attacked by a neighbor's dog. One of her ears is torn. Happened at 11:00 am this morning. My wife called 12 vets and they all told her "we're booked" WTF? She called an ER vet clinic and they told her 4-5 hours and to wait until tonight. She just took the dog to an ER vet clinic and was told it will be 5 hours. What the hell. Are animals being attacked all over SA? Any suggestions?
Hullabaque
AG
There was a 24 hr emergency vet clinic around 410 and Broadway that we took our lab to one night years ago. We got right in and they did emergency surgery very quickly. Can't remember the name, but I think it's still there.
AggieRob93
AG
What part of town Reload? Sorry to hear you are having trouble getting in to see a vet, but I know our regular vet has some pretty strict protocols in place right now, and that could be a reason y'all are having trouble getting in quickly to a regular vet. Does make one wonder if they would even be willing to handle an emergency...

Hulla is correct, there is Emergency Pet Clinic at the northwest corner of 410 and Broadway. There is also Blue Pearl Emergency Vet Clinic on Sonterra in Stone Oak. Both have 24 hour service, both will be really expensive in the overnight hours, but if you have to get in tonight, they are options.
Halconblack
AG
8503 Broadway #105, San Antonio, TX 78217

One on Broadway.
v/r
Reload8098
AG
We're in Alamo Ranch, West SA
Reload8098
AG
Tried 8503 - 5 hour wait
Tried 7 places
The Lurker
AG
Blue Pearl Emergency Pet Hospital on Sonterra. Big operation.

I'm assuming since there has been a huge increase in pet adoptions this year that vets are seeing an increase in appointments. If you're on the far west size, maybe look at something more rural like Bandera, Helotes, Castroville instead San Antonio proper close to the new development?
Reload8098
AG
I don't know WTF is going on all I Know is Hoop saved my dog's ear and the risk of severe infection. He IS the Aggie Network.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.