Permit for POD storage unit in the street?

1,846 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bam02
bam02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm going to be using one or two PODS brand storage containers for an upcoming local move. I want them dropped in the street at our new house. PODS requires us to get a permit or documentation that a permit is not needed. I looked at the permit site for COSA but couldn't find anything. I'll see if I can call and speak to someone tomorrow, but does anyone have first hand experience with this? Is there a permit SA issues for this? Its Deerfield so there is an HOA that I will need to check with, too.
jgh85Ag
AG
Try 311
Burdizzo
AG
Check under lane and sidewalk closure permits.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
How long are they going to sit? Asking from the HOA side. Mine is run by a bunch of tyrants and it took them over a month before they sent me a letter about the trailer in my own driveway when we did our remodel, said we had two weeks to move it before they got angrier. It might be easier to apologize than ask for permission if they aren't going to be there too long.
bam02
AG
Thanks for the replies. I always forget about 311. I think they got me in the right direction but the lines were down for the department I needed.

As of now they are set to be there Tuesday to Monday, but I could shorten that to Friday to Monday.

Yeah I was thinking about asking forgiveness with the HOA and play the new card. Not looking forward to living under an HOA again.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.