Delia's Tamales

2,284 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tony Franklins Other Shoe
dg77ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.mysanantonio.com/food/restaurants/article/Delia-s-opened-this-morning-and-of-course-San-15448747.php

Opened this morning, long lines-anybody get lucky!?
bam02
AG
No but having some tomorrow at a buddy's house. He mentioned them but didn't know they were anything special. Looking forward to trying them.

He works in the food business so he likely got a hookup.
Tx95Ag
AG
Been to one in McAlleen. Not as good as my wife's grandma's, but definitely good.
bam02
AG
They were very good. Some of the best I can remember having in years. Nice thin masa and delicious filing.
Whitetail
AG
How do they compare to Tamale Boy?
bam02
AG
I've never tried those. Just Ruben's and Delicious.
Whitetail
AG
Tamale Boy >>>>> Ruben's & Delicious
phatbc
Bump to see more reviews roll in
bam02
AG
Whitetail said:

Tamale Boy >>>>> Ruben's & Delicious
Ruben's are not what they used to be and Delicious are good but nothing special. Will have to try Tamale Boy. I've rarely had a BAD tamale but most are just okay. These were outstanding, but even the best tamale isn't worth the lines some people are willing to wait in to get them.
Whitetail
AG
Tamale Boy delivered for 15 years. He may still make his rounds.
Pendragon12
AG
Haven't been to the SA location, but Delia's tamales from the Valley are legit. So excited to have one local now.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Lived in McAllen for 8 years.

Delia's are the best tamales in the world. I'm gonna get fat again
F4GIB71
Based on these comments, I went by this week to pick up a couple of dozen. VERY popular place as they had a couple of police officers directing traffic. Unfortunately, one could not go inside to purchase. The only way to buy was in their drive thru and the wait was 30-40 minutes. I look forward to trying them but hope the popularity subsides enough for a more reasonable experience.
F4GIB71
Went by today. Still a line but more tolerable. Sampled when I got home and certainly see why the popularity.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Stopped in at just before 8 AM yesterday, picked up 3 dozen after about 20 minutes in line. Pretty bad ass tamales. Good ratio of masa to filling. Spicy pork is good and spicy. Will continue to go back when the craving hits.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.