Former SA Health Director Left Due to Feud with Assistant City Manager

1,990 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by goags2
Humorous Username
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/07/20/days-before-resignation-san-antonio-metro-health-director-complained-about-relationship-with-assistant-city-manager/

Quote:

Emerick revealed she suggested to Bridger on May 5 engaging in a third-party mediator to resolve conflicts they had, though Bridger "did not feel we needed mediation," Emerick wrote.

"Our working and professional relationship has become mutually fractured, broken and unproductive," Emerick wrote to Steward.

Quote:

Bridger included an extensive list of issues she had with Emerick, which started from the first week Emerick was on the job. The complaints against her were put in three categories insubordination, rude and condescending behavior and "lack of basic understanding" of epidemiology and public health science.

Quote:

But worst of all, Bridger wrote, "there is also a glaring deficit in her ability to understand and explain epidemiology and basic public health science."

"I spend several hours a day verifying, correcting, fielding phone calls from people trying to double check her information because they've all learned she can't be relied upon," Bridger wrote.

There are two sides to every story, but Emerick did not comment.
Burdizzo
AG
Someone found some reviews from previous employers that were pretty bad

I have a pretty negative view of the city council and city management, but this just sounds like a typical case of a poorly vetted and bad hire.
TX AG 88
AG
if you suck at your job, you should look for work in San Antonio city government or SA-area school districts. You'll either be covered for, or maybe they'll even pay you big bucks to go away. Even if you "aren't squeaky clean" with gov/district funds, you'll be fine.
Humorous Username
AG
Here's her response from twitter.

Burdizzo
AG
Social Justice Warrior who didn't have expertise in a job that required some technical understanding. My guess is the city didn't see the pandemic coming and made a splash hire to send a message they wanted to make the city labor pool more inclusive. When the pandemic hit, their splash hire didn't have a clue what her real job was supposed to be.

This city is run by dumbasses. She was a bad hire.
UnderoosAg
AG
Is she the reason Kung Flu and Kung Pao Sicken were labeled hate speech?
valtosca
AG
"Modernize infrastructure through an equity and anti-racist lens"
BlackLab
AG
I didn't realize a minority majority city was racist. Who knew...
CyclingAg82
AG
Burdizzo said:

Social Justice Warrior who didn't have expertise in a job that required some technical understanding. My guess is the city didn't see the pandemic coming and made a splash hire to send a message they wanted to make the city labor pool more inclusive. When the pandemic hit, their splash hire didn't have a clue what her real job was supposed to be.

This city is run by dumbasses. She was a bad hire.
Truth, Nirenberg is an idiot, Wolff has transformed from pragmatic lefty businessman to SJW.

The council will always be comprised of leftist hacks given the demography of the city.

The reliable red district 9 went to an leftist bonehead as well.

I've written him a couple of times, pointedly but respectfully......not one response.
valtosca
AG
Courage is a communist
goags2
AG
Well, after all she was from Portland!
A perfect fit for Connecticut Mayor Nothingburger
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.