Looks like we'll be moving to the Hill Country - need real estate device

3,820 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SW AG80
Reload8098
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have one interview to go and if that goes well we'll be moving from TN back to Texas.

I don't have to go into an office so I can live anywhere within a 40-50 mile radius of the SA/Austin area.

We want to have a minimum of 1/2 acre up to 2 acres and a 4BR/3 bath home around 2,500 to 3,000 sq ft. Can ya'll give some advice about areas to focus on? We do have a 3 year old boy so schools will come into play. We're open to existing inventory or building new.
Ronnie
AG
I dare you to post this on the real estate forum.
Reload8098
AG
Oh, thanks. Missed that!
MookieBlaylock
AG
News Braunsfels loves news people
OilFieldIRI
S
They will greet you with open arms... or it's to full here look elsewhere... or something...

AgsMyDude
AG
texan12
Maybe Marion. A lot of one acre plus lots for sale.
Beckdiesel03
AG
What are you looking for in a town? Places to eat and shop or more rural? Your post is vague in what you want. I get schools are important but are we saying 3A or 5a? Private or public? I've been in NB for 17 years and we look at Blanco or Marion all the time but our jobs keep us in NB. I also pay for private school. Need more details on what y'all want in life
Reload8098
AG
Good questions.
Prefer private when its time for him to go to school but if there an excellent public school might work.
We like to eat out on occasion at higher-end restaurants. Country living within striking distance of a restaurant/entertainment district is accurate. Does that make sense? We don't want our neighbor's house 30' from ours. Seems hard to find a house that doesn't have the garage in front???
Beckdiesel03
AG
NB, Boerne, Spring Branch-zoned to Bill Brown ES, Fair Oaks Ranch, Wimberley and Dripping Springs would all be places I would take a look and see what they had to offer and what you liked the most. You will be pushing it with your budget unless prices start to fall.
TX AG 88
AG
Would like to relocate to NB area, but the commute would be killer, so looking to move no farther NE than Schertz at this point. I do, however see some NB homes in my searches.

This one https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1018-Corto-Cir_New-Braunfels_TX_78132_M86500-22032 sold for $437k in Feb. Not 4/3 but 3/2 with a study, so maybe close... Anyway, Vintage Oaks might be an option for you.

Good luck!
bonfarr
AG
The Timberwood Park area near Stone Oak in SA has lots bigger than 1/2 acre and is a cool neighborhood of all custom homes
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
george1992
Beckdiesel03 said:

NB, Boerne, Spring Branch-zoned to Bill Brown ES, Fair Oaks Ranch, Wimberley and Dripping Springs would all be places I would take a look and see what they had to offer and what you liked the most. You will be pushing it with your budget unless prices start to fall.

Boerne the city sucks. Traffic is horrible. Schools are terrible. NB and Wimberly is where it's at.

Unless you have a son or two that are football stars and a hot wife that likes to show off her looks. In that case, Boerne proper is the place to be.
Kramer
AG
Spring Branch is all full. Thanks for your interest!
Reload8098
AG
You sound bitter. Did you leave a high maintenance wife or something? Wow.
OregonAggie
AG
Dripping springs is full too
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Fredericksburg is full.
Reload8098
AG
Got it. Neighborhood borders are shut down.
agdoc2001
AG
If you're looking around NB, the best elementary school is Hoffman lane. Neighborhoods that matriculate with 1+ acre lots are going to be River Chase, Havenwood, and Texas Country Estates.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Yes, but NB is full.
Agswinning
Look at Garden Ridge. Good schools, low taxes, minimum 3/4 acres in any subdivision, close proximity to anywhere you want to be.
aggieSO
Comfort
phatbc
JimSA said:

Look at Garden Ridge. Good schools, low taxes, minimum 3/4 acres in any subdivision, close proximity to anywhere you want to be.
thats a good thought. Definitely good bang for your buck there.
SW AG80
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

News Braunsfels loves news people
I see what you did there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.