Fiesta November 5-15, 2020

2,088 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by p_bubel
Sports-Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fiesta will be postponed and will take place November 5-15.
p_bubel
Well, I guess I'm glad they didn't outright cancel it. A bonus is now King William Fair will be on my birthday weekend.

God help my liver.
aggiejim70
AG
interested to see how this plays out. The Battle of Flowers Parade will be 11/13 and we have a home game 11/14. So, I would guess the FTAB won't make the parade. Sip band is usually in the night parade scheduled for 11/14. They have a home game against TCU that date.

For that matter, what about all the high school bands that participate in the parades. Most of them will have a game that weekend.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Sports-Ag
AG
p_bubel said:

Well, I guess I'm glad they didn't outright cancel it. A bonus is now King William Fair will be on my birthday weekend.

God help my liver.

Fiesta, college football, NFL, NBA then the holiday season coming up. Pray for all of our livers.
Sports-Ag
AG
aggiejim70 said:

interested to see how this plays out. The Battle of Flowers Parade will be 11/13 and we have a home game 11/14. So, I would guess the FTAB won't make the parade. Sip band is usually in the night parade scheduled for 11/14. They have a home game against TCU that date.

I was thinking almost the same thing with the Battle of Flowers Parade. Will the city have the area schools close come November like the Battle of Flowers holiday in April?Will they move the local holiday to November this one time?
hunterntexas
AG
I like how they move it from the end of flu season to the beginning of flu season.
Jimi_Rod
AG
Conflicts with Wurstfest now doesn't it? I assumed prior to this they were going to try to rebuild to hold event again.
aggiejim70
AG
This is San Antonio......Whatcha wanna bet that the reason for having Fiesta in the fall is it's Larry Lawyer's turn to be King Antonio and Debbie Daughter's turn to be Fiesta Queen and they don't want to miss their turn in the pitching rotation.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
p_bubel
Millions of dollars are raised during the event for local charities and organizations. NIOSA is like 1 to 2 million for the Conservation Society alone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.