Moving to San Antonio - August

2,765 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Sports-Ag
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy, been living in Seattle for the last 7 years and have accepted a position In my company where I will be relocated to San Antonio and work out at Lacklund AFB end of the summer.

What are recommended areas to live in with a reasonable commute (under 30 minutes)? Renting at first.

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
p_bubel
What kind of place are you looking for?

For me, King William. Easy commute. For others a home in a suburb so anything along 1604 north of Hwy 90 will be sufficient.
Saxsoon
AG
Definitely a place that is more active with plenty of places to eat and shop and visit.
Macarthur
So, are you single? Married w/ kids?
inozips
AG
Briggs Ranch
Saxsoon
AG
Single no kids, 29, male
AgPediRPh
AG
Saxsoon said:

Single no kids, 29, male
Pearl district
MookieBlaylock
AG
Yup downtown
Macarthur
jjmanzano said:

Saxsoon said:

Single no kids, 29, male
Pearl district

I would second this. That's a central location and there's lots to do there and good scene for a young'un.
LCE
AG
Pearl= over priced food and drinks. Many 60 + year old clients moving down there.
Halconblack
AG
Pearl is a great land mark. I would consider:
South Town (lots of fun but a bit isolated from other hip parts of town)
"Pearl Area" (gonna be most expensive)
Alta Vista (older homes for rent but in walking distance to some places)
La Camterra (bad drive)
v/r
Tobias Funke
AG
Im 35 and single and moved to the pearl district in August (places directly at the pearl were wayyy overpriced so I got something more reasonable but still an easy walk there). Love the area and lots of new places to eat and drink popping up.

I agree with looking at king William as well. Don't go north of here.
Sports-Ag
AG
There are plenty of modern apartments off Broadway near highway 35 and 281 on the other side of the Pearl District. This area is growing so much. New apartments being built, new bars and breweries opening up too. New buildings of business moving down there.

My cousin lives in one of the apartments off the Riverwalk on Broadway. A perfect area to go for a walk, run or biking. Some nice eye candy too. That north side of the Riverwalk is less crowded with tourist, more locals there. The museum of art is in that area and they have events.

The Pearl area is on the other side. You can walk on the Riverwalk, or take a quick Uber or scooter there. They have a food hall, shops, restaurants, events, and a farmers market there every weekend.

Not that far away is the St. Mary Strip. You can take an short Uber ride over there. The strip has plenty of bars. A good bar hopping area where you can walk. You will see more locals here.

I went off the basis off your age if that is what you like. My cousin apartment has become the meeting destination where we everyone meets up and we walk or Uber to a bar(s).
mwp02ag
AG
Im a TREC inspector here in SA, I live in Tobin Hill a block off the N St Marys strip. I grew up in the country and never imagined Id love living here the way I do. Im 46 and married w no kids.

I routinely commute to Lackland area for inspections. Its an easy commute with little to no traffic most trips.

We own a crossfit gym in Tobin Hill too if youre looking for a place to workout...unless the CV shuts us down too long.

There are some great homes on the market that have an mother in law suite out back in TH if you're interested in some rental income. The wife is also a Realtor and know the area very well of youre looking to buy. There are also plenty of cool apartments and homes for rent in the area of thats the way youre going.

I also love the homes in King William and know a great 3/2 coming for rent soon there.
Matsui
AG
What's the name of the apartment complex your cousin is at
Sports-Ag
AG
River House Apartments
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.