Back Pain Medical Suggestions

2,022 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TomDoss91
PuryearFratDaddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do you have recommendations for orthopedic, pain management (and possibly neurosurgeon that do non-surgical methods too) in San Antonio? And/or who not to see ?

Though I assume ortho/pain mgmt route is way to go in my situation. Have done Chiro and more recently PT over years with intermittent relief.

I was diagnosed with scoliosis at 18 and at 50, gotten noticeably worse in last 3yrs. Still seem in ok shape for minor to medium intervention....very painful in Mid-back when wake in morning and slows me down more and more in general during day now but can function through painful/discomfort at times.

Tobias Funke
AG
Give Airrosti a try if you haven't already. Different approach than traditional chiro, insurance should cover it, and they'll let you know right off the bat if it's a case they can help with.
bam02
AG
I can give you several recommendations. Any particular part of town?
PuryearFratDaddy
AG
bam02 - I work in La Cantera area and there 2-3times week, live in Pleasanton so flexible-ish.

Thanks Tobias, familiar with Airrosti as used them a few years ago with varying results when they first started in Dallas. Their HQ is in SA and may be better at craft as of late, so will give them a shot.
bam02
AG
I would try to see Manuel Ybarra. He is in stone oak. He is who I would send a loved one to. Very conservative and very caring.
PuryearFratDaddy
AG
Thanks bam02, that's well within reason distance wise.
cowenlaw
AG
For pain management I'd recommend Raul Martinez or Aldon Williams.
AgShaun00
AG
For spine don't use ortho. Neuro. My wife used dr Atkins in stone oak. Very good
bam02
AG
Agree with Atkins. He is amazing. Very conservative when it comes to recommending surgery too. Actually his whole group is excellent, but I think he is the best.
PuryearFratDaddy
AG
Thanks again for the recommendations!
DavisGary88
Dr Hilton for neurosurgeon. He's done 2 laminectomies and a fusion me. He won't operate until absolutely necessary.
TomDoss91
AG
Dr. Hilton performed a minimally invasive tubular retraction on me for a crushed, frayed nerve in my lower back. He didn't know how I had lasted as long as I did. The immediate relief returned my sanity. I was having some very bad thoughts prior to the procedure due to the degree of pain. I've broken a couple of bones since then. I cussed a bit, but, when asked if I was in pain...not too bad...I have a better idea of what pain is after that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.