Lost Aggie Ring

1,830 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Battered.Ag
Battered.Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey y'all...

My roommate from college lost his ring in San Antonio yesterday. Flew off his hand into the river...

He has someone who can find it with a metal detector, but the issue is getting a permit from the city, because going into the river is illegal...

If anyone knows anything about this or anyone with that power in SA, please comment or message me. Thanks in advance

(also posting on Outdoors and the Pub)
p_bubel
What section of the river? Downtown?
Battered.Ag
AG

ring rolled off at the "Arneson River Theatre" on the audience side of the river. Nearest to the Hilton.
Halconblack
AG
Contact councilman Trevino's office. They should be able to help your buddy out.
https://www.sanantonio.gov/Council/d1
v/r
Battered.Ag
AG
thank you very much.
p_bubel
Texted my buddy at the San Antonio River Authority about looking for it, the response:

The answer will be yes, but the specifics will have to be bonkers. I'd call 311. it'll either be parks, downtown ops or SARA.

He just retexted he thinks it will be downtown ops.

I'd make it a good backstory about the ring if you call them.
MookieBlaylock
AG
They do drain the river once per year for cleanup

Should be an easy find
Battered.Ag
AG
unfortunately, that's 10 months from now.
Battered.Ag
AG
THE RING HAS BEEN FOUND
p_bubel
Battered.Ag said:

THE RING HAS BEEN FOUND
You gotta give us more than that!
Battered.Ag
AG
UPDATE:

Again, the ring was found yesterday morning.

My buddy, who lost the ring on Super Bowl Sunday, actually jumped into the river that day, and also hired a guy with a waterproof metal detector, to no avail. The water was dark, and they just couldn't find it after searching the small area for about 3 hours.

(side note: another buddy of ours was drunk one night in college shortly after getting his ring, and was tossing around an old keg shell [yeah, i know] in the back yard, which backed up to some woods. Sure enough, the ring goes flying, my buddy panics, etc. The next day, we called someone with a metal detector from Craigslist and he found the ring in about 30 seconds.)

However, my buddy had a pretty good idea of where the ring had fallen into the water. Some time last week, the metal detector guy from Super Bowl Sunday got into contact with Mr. Joseph Cruz (who is some kind of authority figure for the river, or something). Mr. Cruz kindly relayed the message to his maintenance crew, and yesterday morning as they were doing routine maintenance, they just saw the ring beneath the surface, right where my buddy said he'd lost it. For whatever reason, the water was crystal clear (I think it might be clearer in the mornings, or something, but what do I know.)

Anyway, buddy said he was at work when he got the call, which was actually from metal detector guy. Metal detector guy asked whether my buddy was sitting down, and then proceeded to let him know that "they F^#@*NG FOUND IT!"

The ring is in transit to Houston town as we speak.
Halconblack
AG
Phenomenal story. Will be told at Aggie Park.
v/r
Burdizzo
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

They do drain the river once per year for cleanup

Should be an easy find

They have reduced the frequency because the water quality has improved the last 20 years? The reason it has improved is because they put all that former sewage in it (recycled water)
Battered.Ag
AG
Halconblack said:

Phenomenal story. Will be told at Aggie Park.

awesome!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.