Pier & Beam Foundation Company reccs needed for Seguin

1,484 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by p_bubel
AggieDarlin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BrazosDog02
AG
I called Alamo City Foundation and Baird for my estimates. I can't really help you other than to say that both were in the 'general ballpark' of each other. For me, I ended up with an estimate of 35,000-40,000 for pier and beam work which included adding actual piers, replacing several termite damaged beams. Also, the work included having to tunnel under the exterior walls since there is no access otherwise.

My house is 150 years old, but even for the estimates I got I have decided to go with the ever technologically advanced "Crawl under the house and jack up a few low points and call it a day" since the estimated cost of that is 2 beers.

Both of them came out when they said they would come out. Both gave similar plans of repair. The only difference that made Baird a hair more expensive was their leveling system which is essentially purpose built but would allow incremental adjustment forever if you needed such a thing.
AggieDarlin
AG
Jesus Christ. 35-40k. I'm hoping that even if there's some need for adjustment, I don't get any proposals over 5k. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but this house is also only about 30 years and not 150, ha.

I hadn't seen that company pop up in the search, so I'll give them a call Monday. I appreciate it!
p_bubel
It's all going to depend on the amount of work needed and ease of access.

I think I'm all in for around $8,000 to $12,000. Baird did a house in my hood that was basically so rotted the corners had bowed to the point of being at ground level. If they can fix that place, they can do anything.

Cuellar Foundation here in San Antonio did excellent work but I don't know if they'll go out to Seguin.
AggieDarlin
AG
BrazosDog02
AG
AggieDarlin said:

Jesus Christ. 35-40k. I'm hoping that even if there's some need for adjustment, I don't get any proposals over 5k. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but this house is also only about 30 years and not 150, ha.

I hadn't seen that company pop up in the search, so I'll give them a call Monday. I appreciate it!

The first words out of your mouth in this post were the same as mine. I was just saying that I have a beam or two that are compromised due to termites and there is no way to get a beam under the home without a lot of digging on 18" exterior walls with unknown depths. That was also a worst case price including beam replacements that they didn't really expect to replace. Also, zero access, and 18" of crawl space, removal of about 35 kick legs, etc etc. remember, I have no piers at all outside of big rocks during early construction. So there is a crap ton of dirt that must be removed to pour true piers and that dirt has to come out in buckets. Just a ton of labor in general for this particular case. Baird seemed unphased or concerned about the job.

I would expect a more standard job to be much much cheaper.
AggieDarlin
AG
p_bubel
An inch to inch and half wouldn't be on my radar to fix, I suspect. Can you notice it inside the home?
AggieDarlin
AG
p_bubel
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.