Assisted Living in San Antonio

1,498 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SW AG80
SW AG80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My FIL, who is Class of '51 and is 91 yoa, is reaching the point of needing assisted living. Health is very good but his short term memory is completely gone which gets him into precarious situations. He is a tight German and does not want to spend the money at Independence Hill. Does anyone have a suggestion? A place with assisted living transitioning into dependent living.
tamcmsh
AG
The Village at Incarnate Word is a very good facility with all levels of senior care. Wedged in between Incarnate Word and Central Market on Broadway.
SW AG80
AG
Thanks
Macarthur
Franklin Park Sonterra is very nice, but he has to come to grips with the fact that adding care is going to increase the cost. Just can't get around that.
Hullabaque
AG
My parents moved into the assisted living facility at Adante on NW Military (between Wurzbach and Lockhill-Selma) about 18 months ago. It's a full transition facility. They have independent living, assisted living, and memory care. The first 6 months were quite a transition for my parents (going from a 4000 sf home to an 850 sf 2 bedroom apt), but they have settled in well since then. The staff is great and cares for them well. I'm not sure what kind of budget you have, but most places are going to have a base monthly fee, and then have an additional fee based on the level of care that's needed for your Dad.

I'd suggest scheduling a tour of a few different places with your Dad.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
SW AG80
AG
Thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.