Assisted Home Care Recommendation

1,620 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by STL_aTm
The Dog Lord
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for a recommendation on part-time home care for my wife's dad. He was weakened due to a recent case of pneumonia and is also experiencing paralysis in his legs. We are hoping the paralysis will be temporary (seeing a doctor tomorrow), but it makes basic tasks, such as dressing himself and fixing a meal, more difficult for him.

We are able to provide some assistance, but we both work. We are also scheduled to be out of town in a few weeks so we are hoping to hire someone to come in for short periods each day (around 2 hours in the morning and evenings) to help him out.

Many places require extended shifts or commitments that we don't really need (at least for now). Griswold Home Care (https://griswoldsa.com/about/) might offer services similar to what we need, but I'd really like a recommendation if possible as this person would be coming into our home and providing care for a family member.

Anyone have any experience with Griswold or another provider?
Brush Country Ag
AG
Call Home Instead...I used the New Braunfels office and they were great. They were pretty flexible too.
STL_aTm
AG
My name is Scott and I own Inspired Care Solutions. We are licensed to provide skilled and non skilled home care services. I would love to talk with you and see if we could help! Give me a call anytime 210-698-3741
The Dog Lord
AG
STL_aTm said:

My name is Scott and I own Nurse Next Door. We are licensed to provide skilled and non skilled home care services. I would love to talk with you and see if we could help! Give me a call anytime 210-698-3741
Scott, I may be following up with you today if that's okay. Things have changed dramatically over the last few weeks. My father-in-law has aggressive bladder cancer and may only have a few weeks left. He will be going on hospice, and we are hoping that we can bring him home.
STL_aTm
AG
Thanks for reaching out, it was great to talk with you. If there is anything else we can do to help or any questions you might have please don't hesitate to call.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.