SA "hot spots"

3,508 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by End Of Message
West Point Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So being new to the area as a resident but not as a visitor I've always likes the RW/downtown (I know tourist trap...but coming from the NYC area where everything is a tourist trap, you learn to deal with it)

The Pearl area is beautiful...great example of revitalization...already managed to go there quite a few times.

I've heard of Southtown? Did I get that right? Worth it? Is it a walkable district? What's its hook?

Any and all suggestions taken and engaged like the brisket thread! ;-)
aggie_fan13
AG
southtown aint that great. stick to pearl or the quarry i guess. northside has lots of places. to go hangout
p_bubel
King William is a great place to take a self guided walking/bike tour.

Frommer's

Afterwords grab a beer at the Friendly Spot or time it for an event at Beethoven Maennerchor. The Riverwalk from the Pearl to downtown is great, the section along King William down to Blue Star is as well. South of that there is absolutely zero shade. If you plan to do that stretch down to the Missions go very early or in the Fall/Winter.

If you have kids,Yanaguana Garden is worth a trip.

The Pearl is great though. The city should effin name a street for Kit Goldsbury.
MookieBlaylock
AG
p_bubel said:

The Pearl is great though. The city should effin name a street for Kit Goldsbury.

can't do that we need a 3rd Chavez street you know b/c he did so much for California
Halconblack
AG
Southtown and the pearl both have extensions that are pretty neat. At Southtown go further south to Blue Star. At the pearl go further north to North Saint Mary's. Some more commercialized areas to check out are the Quarry and La Canterra.
v/r
AG
I prefer Southtown to the Pearl. It is definitely more of the hipster area. However, I'd park at the Bluestar and walk through King William to The Friendly Spot. Lots of cool bars, restaurants, galleries and you can check out the beautiful old homes in that area.
End Of Message
AG
As a former resident of King William, it is still the premier spot in town. We live in Alamo Heights now but miss King William.

Friendly Spot and the Filling Station.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.