Restaurant recs

2,213 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by A New Hope
jaggiemaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going to be in San Antonio with my 2 kids (2yo and 4yo) . Looking for restaurants recs. It's going to be a kid-centric trip (zoo, children's museum) and checking out Perl Brewery. Wife wants to go back to Gunther house for breakfast but looking for other restaurants that named chic fil a or whataburger. Thanks!
DLang1452
AG
Southerleigh at the Pearl is one of my favorite restaurants in town. Quarry Hofbrau is good too and not too far from the Zoo.
Return to Glory
AG
There's a good burger place that's kid friendly near the Zoo. It's called Cheesy Jane's. The Witte Museum is also nearby and good for kids.
End Of Message
AG
The Luxury, the bottling department at the pearl, pig pen bbq, and the friendly spot.
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
Return to Glory
AG
The Children's Museum is downtown so y'all could try eating at the Rain Forest Cafe, Planet Hollywood, or Hard Rock Cafe, which are all on the Riverwalk.
Burdizzo
AG
Good Time Charlie's. They have a good CFS. Broadway and Mulberry
Halconblack
AG
For your trip:
Pig Pen (part of Smoke Shack) good food and a small playground. Alamo Heights crowd.
Backyard on Broadway. A bar with an outdoor turf area for the kids to play.
At the Pearl. The bottling Co has a bunch of different food choices and the kids can play in the watering fountain.
Burleson Beer Yard. Another outdoor beer garden with area for kids.
The Cove. Another outdoor beer garden with a good size play ground. This place has been around the longest. Decent mix of millennial parents and hipsters.
v/r
End Of Message
AG
Halconblack said:

For your trip:
Pig Pen (part of Smoke Shack) good food and a small playground. Alamo Heights crowd.
Backyard on Broadway. A bar with an outdoor turf area for the kids to play.
At the Pearl. The bottling Co has a bunch of different food choices and the kids can play in the watering fountain.
Burleson Beer Yard. Another outdoor beer garden with area for kids.
The Cove. Another outdoor beer garden with a good size play ground. This place has been around the longest. Decent mix of millennial parents and hipsters.
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
tx1c
AG
The Cove is a good suggestion.
SA Ag 91
AG
What about Rain Forrest Cafe down on the river walk?

When my nephews were young that was always a huge treat to eat down there!!
jaggiemaggie
AG
Will check out the cove this evening. Looks intriguing
GinaLinetti
AG
I like the cove. I also like burleson beer yard but be prepared to explain what all the drug addicts on the corners are doing.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
Return to Glory said:

The Children's Museum is downtown so y'all could try eating at the Rain Forest Cafe, Planet Hollywood, or Hard Rock Cafe, which are all on the Riverwalk.

Don't forget chili's , Applebee's, or bubba gump shrimp co.
jaggiemaggie
AG
Went to the cove for some adult beverages and let the kids run around. Food service was rather slow and our friend's 1 year old needed to some AC. Went to good time charlie's for food. Thanks for recs!
BEaggie08
AG
Tycoon Flats is another good one.

https://www.tycoonflats.net/
A New Hope
I hate the cove. One of the most overrated places in town in my opinion. Food is average, sit outside with mosquitoes, service meh.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.