Manor Creek in NB

1,832 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by nhamp07
DLang1452
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I are looking at Manor Creek off of 46 in New Braunfels. Any opinions of the development, good or bad? We want to be in NBISD, but want to avoid the traffic in and around the loop.
bbry81
Not sure how that avoids the traffic on the loop. I live in the neighborhood just before it. Where are you working? Basically everywhere you go you will be on the loop and once it's fixed the traffic isn't too bad. 46 is getting busier and busier everyday but I wouldn't live anywhere else so I guess it's not that bad. Not sure of kids but veramendi and oak run are a great way to new braunfels high
DLang1452
AG
Let me amend, we don't want to live inside or just off the loop as to avoid the traffic as much as possible. You are 100% right in saying 46 is getting busier and busier, but we feel the same as you in that it's where we want to be. Oak Run would be fantastic if we could find a home that matched what we are looking for, but that hasn't popped up yet and Veramendi is going to be too congested for what we are looking for. I work all over SA and leave before rush hour truly hits. Appreciate the feedback. You between Oak Run and the Villas?
AgPT06
AG
I live down 46 west as well. More and more lights/traffic will continue to come as all the subdivisions from 1863 to 3009 develop. That said, I'm not going anywhere and would consider Manor Creek if I were looking right now. I will say this, without a light at Manor Creek, it can be a real pain/time suck to turn left towards NB. And the gate can be a pain. Have you looked at the subdivisions down 1863? My kids go to Veramendi and will be NBISD, but Comal is still an excellent district.
dead zip 01
AG
It's a good neighborhood. The lots seem to be slightly larger than your typical spec home neighborhood and they made an effort to keep some native trees whenever possible.

The pool is good.

As mentioned above turning left can be difficult sometimes.

The city just approved an affordable housing development across highway 46 from Manor Creek at the intersection with Mission Valley Road, it has people in that area of town stirred up some.

DLang1452
AG
We experienced the left turn first hand already, haha. Unfortunately, it seems like it takes a fatality accident to get a light on 46. I hope it doesn't come to that this time around. I'll keep an eye on properties off of 1863. Thank you for the feedback!
DLang1452
AG
I had no clue about the affordable housing going in. Just saw the article online. I can see where that would stir things up for the residents in the area. Seems like the Creekside area would've made much more sense for this type of development.
bbry81
yeah i live in the northwoods subdivision just before manor. when i said veramendi i ment the elementary school that you would be zoned to. its brand new but built too small so they are adding on to it already. For me the left turn isnt bad if its no rush hour and I dont leave during rush hour either. i wish all these new strip centers they keep building would be full before they build another one. we have like 3 new ones and none of them are full and they just keep building them.
dead zip 01
AG
I just wish the strip centers had some worthwhile tenants. The only place I have ever been in any of the new centers is Super Donuts, which is good.

Same thing with the shopping center Las Fontanas is in. I have never been to any of the other businesses in that center.

We only need so many banks and urgent care centers in that corner of town.
AgPT06
AG
Hey now, not all useless tenants. I'm a tenant in The Oaks (the center with Fontanas). I honestly cannot figure out how some of these businesses afford to open/stay open in those new strips. The price for build out and what they want/sq foot lease is crazy. They will sit vacant for a while, but it will fill with time. Especially as Veramendi builds out. Too much demand/population on that side of town now. That's why we are there.
dead zip 01
AG
AgPT06, no offense to you or any other business in particular, just venting.

It's just a sign of the times I think. With the huge rise in online shopping over the past decade or so more and more storefront that previously would have been retail is now occupied by service oriented businesses.
fido00
AG
I live in Oak Run, and have watched some of the new strip centers fill up. I also watched the stand alone (1 of 3 in the immediate vicinity) close down. I do like to go in the little beer store right there and look around, but they are much more expensive than HEB right down the street.

Veramendi is going to be interesting. If it gets completed as planned it will be a very nice neighborhood with some nice commercial and parks developments, but I am always skeptical until it is finally done.
nhamp07
AG
Im in Oak Run as well. We love it here.
DLang1452
AG
Appreciate everyone's feedback! I'll be sure to reach back out if and when we make a decision on where we are going. In the mean time, if anyone knows of any listings going up in the area feel free to let me know! Also, had Stout's Pizza for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Solid pie for a strip center pizza joint.
bbry81
Stouts is good. We usually go there after our kids school events. The urgent care thing is crazy to me. That one only lasted a few months before it closed. I don't get it and agree the only thing we go to is super donuts and I do enjoy hometown burgers but that's it
AgPT06
AG
NY Pizza Pub just a little further down the loop for pizza.
AgTDub
AG
Wife, kids and I just moved into Oak Run a week ago. Loving it so far. We moved from Spicewood where you had to drive 15-20 min to HEB or anything else really.
fido00
AG
It sounds like we need to have a game watching party this fall for Oak Run Aggies.
nhamp07
AG
Super donuts is legit. Haha
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.