Staffing Agency/Recruiters?

2,054 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Beckdiesel03
Max06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm relocating from B/CS to be closer to family and am looking for work in Wilson, Karnes, Gonzales Co. area. I'm not having much luck finding anything beyond oilfield hand type work. I'd preferably work a standard 8-5 or remotely.

Any suggestions beyond the Assoc. of Former Students, Indeed, LinkedIn?

I have a B.S. in WFSC, M.S. in ALEC.
beccaboo
Do like the rest of us and commute to San Antonio. Lots of wonderful small towns within an hour commute.
Max06
AG
I'm not opposed to that, and have looked. Do you have any helpful information on HOW or WHERE to find those openings?
Allen76
AG
A job I left 13 years ago on Southeast SA had a lot of folks driving in from Wilson County area.

Their name is Forum Technologies and they manufacture oilfield products. When I worked for them they were a division of Baker Hughes called Baker SPD. When forum bought them, I left shortly after that to own my own business.

In short, there are purchasing, engineering, and management jobs like most other places. I am not "recommending" them since I left so long ago, but it would be a good one to check out with a decent drive from the LaVernia area. They are on Profit St in SA.
GinaLinetti
AG
Welcome to the area! The so works a lot in that area (o&g). I'll ask if he knows of any companies looking for people down that direction. (other than hand work)
f2foxes2001
AG
Reach out to Kforce. They do technology and finance/accounting consultants. It might require you to work in San Antonio, but it's a foot in the door. They're managing director is an Aggie and she's got a great group of people.
borski99
AG
There's a san antonio manufacturers association trade show next Wednesday at the Freeman Coliseum. Maybe bring a resume or two and shake some hands.
Reel Aggies
AG
Try to get on with Holt CAT. Tons of folks from that area work there. They like hiring Ags. I worked there years ago.
Max06
AG
Still looking
george_92
Might check with Lyssy and Eckel in Poth. In addition to feed and seed, they have a huge manufacturing operation. They wont pay as well as in the big city but the fuel savings and cost of living in Wilson County will make up for it. The majority of the owners are Aggies. They are growing rapidly and I know both families very well.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Have you checked TML.org website for any openings in the towns around there? That's the only other idea I can think of.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.