SA City Council bans Chick-Fil-A from Airport

3,527 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CE Lounge Lizzard
valtosca
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just dumb...

https://therivardreport.com/a-divided-city-council-approves-airport-concession-contract-kicks-out-chick-fil-a/
CoolaidWade
p_bubel
Effin embarrassing.
Cee gee
Lol... wtf
milner79
Four pages and counting on the Politics board: https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3027077
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
The word "pendejo" seems appropriate.
bam02
AG
San Antonio politicians are trying so hard to make us a liberal ****hole.
SLF11
AG
Absolutely idiotic. So now Chick Fil A is a "symbol of hate"?

Quick poll: who here has ever been treated poorly by a CFA employee? I know I haven't.
Halconblack
AG
I love that association with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Salvation Army is seen as negative. Trevino is my councilman and I just now saw his comments. I generally like what he has to say but disagree with him completely on this issue.
v/r
Halconblack
AG
Sent this to Trevio, I'll post his reply.
"Mr Trevio,
I have been a supporter of you ever since I moved to San Antonio and appreciate the help your office has provided me in past matters. However, I think that your comments ("We don't have room in our public facilities for a business with a legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior") surrounding Chick-Fil-A in the recent airport project are inappropriate and possibly create an unfounded stigma for a brand that has been a model business in many communities. I notice that Chick-Fil-A offered to have a discussion on their stance. I urge you to reach out to them to show other businesses considering San Antonio that we are an open minded city and that our representatives conduct the proper due diligence before making decisions or comments to the media. By the way, I do like the Lagardre option better in total and think you guys got it right. "
v/r
CyclingAg82
AG
bam02 said:

San Antonio politicians are trying so hard to make us a liberal ****hole.
Our city council is replete with dumb asses. They all snap to the liberal zeitgeist. Two have some semblance of common sense, but the rest along with firefighters union are succeeding in making us Austin South.

Trevino is a moron (certainly not the first) for opening his mouth before his brain engaged.
p_bubel
Nearly 2 Million people in this town and these two candidates are the best we can come up with?
lotsofhp
AG
Yeah this whole deal is grade A BS and I hope the city is getting a huge amount of **** for it.

If only people who support Chick-fil-A were as loud and disruptive as people who oppose them.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
lotsofhp said:

Yeah this whole deal is grade A BS and I hope the city is getting a huge amount of **** for it.

If only people who support Chick-fil-A were as loud and disruptive as people who oppose them.
Losers with a martyr complex spout stupid **** like this. Regular hard working people that mind their own business don't make it a spectacle. Much like taking down confederate statues for stupid ass reasons. These people need a ****ing life .
yell_on_6th st
AG
Lol, pweb.
bam02
AG
p_bubel said:

Nearly 2 Million people in this town and these two candidates are the best we can come up with?

Gotta go vote, people. Our fine mayor was elected by about 4% of the population of SA. So he panders to his liberal base that showed up to vote for him.
caddy
Welcome to San Frantonio!
valtosca
AG
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/news/releases/ag-paxton-opens-investigation-san-antonio-banning-chick-fil-asks-transportation-secretary-chao-do?fbclid=IwAR1WSDSpx7t4Z381lRN84yKoI5pllOy6MikPBrzTq0P309-_GOUOTwlgarQ#.XJ03wVjt09Q.facebook
aggiebrad94
AG
I sent this email to the author of the article:

Subject: Please dig deeper

From your recent article regarding Chick-Fil-A...

" During the council meeting, Trevio cited Chick-fil-A's "legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior" as cause to keep them out of City facilities because "San Antonio is a city full of compassion."

Please press the councilman to list these behaviors. Do not let attacks like this against the friendliest and most open chain in America go unchecked.

Please press the mayor and others who voted against Chick-Fil-A to prove that they don't generate enough revenue in 6 days that others do in 7. They are in so many airports around the country that it should be easy to prove.
Burdizzo
AG
aggiebrad94 said:

I sent this email to the author of the article:

Subject: Please dig deeper

From your recent article regarding Chick-Fil-A...

" During the council meeting, Trevio cited Chick-fil-A's "legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior" as cause to keep them out of City facilities because "San Antonio is a city full of compassion."

Please press the councilman to list these behaviors. Do not let attacks like this against the friendliest and most open chain in America go unchecked.

Please press the mayor and others who voted against Chick-Fil-A to prove that they don't generate enough revenue in 6 days that others do in 7. They are in so many airports around the country that it should be easy to prove.

The other thing I would press them on is variety of food. The impression we are left with is that Canes is a suitable substitute for Chick-fil-A. Nothing against Cane's. They make some damn fine chicken tenders, but that is pretty much the only thing on the menu. Chicken fingers, fries, coleslaw, chicken sandwich, and Texas toast. CFA has all that plus grilled chicken alternatives, plus salad, plus yogurt, plus fruit, plus breakfast. So when they kvetch about the health of San Antonians, why do we keep Cane's in the airport when CFA has more variety (just not open Sundays)
SanAntoneAg
AG
Looks like the AG has some thoughts on this ridiculous decision.
CoolaidWade
AG
I love this story. What a beautiful cluster of a story! And so awesome it happened to a crap company like chic fil a who makes the worst food ever AND is closed on Sunday. How can a restaurant who closes on Sunday operate at a airport? It's one of the busiest days.

All people should rejoice this decision. gays, straights, and especially those who appreciate good food.

Here's to another week of cluster ****!
aggiebrad94
AG
You tried way too hard. Perhaps 4th edit is in need.
who?mikejones
AG
CoolaidWade said:

I love this story. What a beautiful cluster of a story! And so awesome it happened to a crap company like chic fil a who makes the worst food ever AND is closed on Sunday. How can a restaurant who closes on Sunday operate at a airport? It's one of the busiest days.

All people should rejoice this decision. gays, straights, and especially those who appreciate good food.

Here's to another week of cluster ****!

Trolls are supposed to be subtle
caddy
I really appreciated hearing that the fire union brought in Chic-Fil-A for lunch during their negotiations with the city yesterday.
Burdizzo
AG
Strange bedfellows on San Antonio politics.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
caddy said:

I really appreciated hearing that the fire union brought in Chic-Fil-A for lunch during their negotiations with the city yesterday.

The fire union actually did something right!
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Going thru Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, the gateway to the world & the United States, & see Chick-fil-A prominently on site. Yeah, I know their corporate headquarters are here, but still. To paraphrase Blazing Saddles, it just goes to show, Mayor Ron is one of the leading a-holes in the State.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.