Dereck Hillyer seems like a great guy.

1,752 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by p_bubel
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://3snpdc2ba9m5uwuk62n8cs84-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/FILE_3199.pdf

https://therivardreport.com/firefighters-union-stalls-on-talks-seeks-to-win-district-2-council-seat/

p_bubel
Quote:

Councilman Greg Brockhouse on Tuesday called for City Manager Sheryl Sculley to be suspended for leaking to an online news organization an internal city document damaging to a District 2 council candidate.

Brockhouse lambasted Sculley for releasing the document to Robert Rivard, editor and publisher of the Rivard Report, in part because other news organizations had requests pending for the same information. Rivard cited the document in a Sunday column suggesting that the candidate, a retiring firefighter, was unfit to serve on the council.

"Everybody who's in the press ... you should find it egregious and a violation of public trust that there are pending open-records requests and another member of the media is able to utilize personal relationships to obtain information outside of the open-records process," Brockhouse said.

City Council is expected to choose Shaw's successor Thursday. That person will serve until voters select a new council member in the May 4 election.

MySA
Burdizzo
AG
I was pretty surprised to see a summary of his HR file posted on the internet. I was always under the impression that stuff is confidential. It shows me Nirenberg doesn't mind fighting dirty, and Brockhouse was caught completely off guard.

That said, this Hillyer guy is a real turd, and so is Chris Steele.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
SAFD union trying to get all their guys on the council so they can bend the taxpayers over with their new contract
Burdizzo
AG
O'Doyle Rules said:

SAFD union trying to get all their guys on the council so they can bend the taxpayers over with their new contract

What ought to get the taxpayers' attention is what a slackass Dereck Hillyer was, how long he was in the service, and how much he cost the taxpayers. Then ask yourelf how many other long tenured firefighters are just coasting on the city nickel with benefits for them and their families.
diablo loco
SAFD Union
MookieBlaylock
AG
Post padding to get the board stats up
MookieBlaylock
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Screw the FD top brassway overpaid
Just like school administration
O'Doyle Rules
AG
Burdizzo said:

O'Doyle Rules said:

What ought to get the taxpayers' attention is what a slackass Dereck Hillyer was, how long he was in the service, and how much he cost the taxpayers. Then ask yourelf how many other long tenured firefighters are just coasting on the city nickel with benefits for them and their families.

Precisely. I'm all for thanking FF and Police, but I think the pendulum has swung too far in the direction of "by gosh give them everything they RISK THEIR LIVES!!" Being a FF has become a much much less dangerous job this day and age. The SAFD union is well on their way to eventually bankrupting the city and losing it all. Little by little. Its just never good enough for the union...we want more wah wah wah
p_bubel
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.