Howdy soon-to-be neighbors!

5,450 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by West Point Aggie
West Point Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just visiting your awesome city...soon to be mine...

I entered the military here (a while back) and spent many a TDY day at Randolph...nice to be rediscovering it during this scouting trip!

Excited to be moving here in the late spring...SA it's always been my favorite city in Texas (after College Station, which is where I was lucky to have the USAF send me for school)

It's been interesting to lurk here and get a sense of what locals (Ag locals anyways) chat about!

Best...
p_bubel
Welcome to the fray.

(This board gets little action though)
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
p_bubel said:

Welcome to the fray.

(This board gets little action though)
Really surprising how quiet this board is considering the number of Aggies in the SA area.

Welcome West Point Aggie, maybe you can help liven up the place.
fido00
AG
Should I ask about where the best restaurant on the riverwalk is? Will that spur some comments?
p_bubel
Quote:

Really surprising how quiet this board is considering the number of Aggies in the SA area.
I suspect a large portion of us are originally from here and as a result few questions get asked. Just a guess though.

It wasn't that active of a board when it was combined with Austin either. I do know the Houston board is lively.
p_bubel
Quote:

Should I ask about where the best restaurant on the riverwalk is? Will that spur some comments?
I asked staff to sticky one of those threads and the where to live thread, but no dice. This place would have been absolutely dead if they had.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
p_bubel said:

It wasn't that active of a board when it was combined with Austin either. I do know the Houston board is lively.
Obligatory "Austin and Houston suck" post.
p_bubel
I enjoyed living in Houston, but agree Austin does suck.
I hated Dallas while living up there, but now I'm not so anti-Dallas.

We can all agree that everyone always forgets about El Paso in these metro discussions.
fido00
AG
Is El Paso really still part of Texas?

I grew up in Houston, and I can't imagine living in either Houston or Dallas anymore. Im good in NB or surrounding area or somewhere on the coast.
End Of Message
AG
Welcome! We moved to SA in 2010 from Houston.

We love it.
End Of Message
AG
I work in Austin most days. Austin is a horrible, hell hole.
bam02
AG
Bienvenidos!
West Point Aggie
AG
House hunted for three days! Former usaf buddy and Ag graduate, turned SA real estate agent, took me places! I discovered that the covered patio is the NY equivalent of a nice deck... had (finally) good BBQ and Chick-fil-A (none in my part of NY)...

Exhausting but fun!!

Staying near Randolph where my price point works...but loving that new Pearl area!

Coming from NY was in shorts all the time! Now back to 15 degrees! Ugh...

Very excited!

PS: frontage roads and turnabouts...we don't have the space for it...but what a concept!
Roger That
farmrag
Cibolo's a nice area to live. A little more quiet but close enough to the action. The house next door to my daughter is for sale.
'
West Point Aggie
AG
farmrag said:

Cibolo's a nice area to live. A little more quiet but close enough to the action. The house next door to my daughter is for sale.
'

Definitely looking in the Cibolo/Schertz area...even technically St Hedwig close to I10 and Randolph.

On a side note I'll have to learn to deal with sips again...luckily everyone I know there is an Ag...I saw a ton of Aggie flags and yes some with the uterus!
Let’s Go Brandon!
farmrag
West Point Aggie said:

farmrag said:

'

Definitely looking in the Cibolo/Schertz area...even technically St Hedwig close to I10 and Randolph.

On a side note I'll have to learn to deal with sips again...luckily everyone I know there is an Ag...I saw a ton of Aggie flags and yes some with the uterus!
She lives across from Steele High School. Whatever you do stay away from Converse. My daughter lived there for awhile but it was getting a little to rough for her, so she moved to Cibolo.
West Point Aggie
AG
farmrag said:

West Point Aggie said:

farmrag said:

'

She lives across from Steele High School. Whatever you do stay away from Converse. My daughter lived there for awhile but it was getting a little to rough for her, so she moved to Cibolo.

Copy that! Looking in new development...small ranch...it's just me...and a pet but thanks for the tip!
Let’s Go Brandon!
TXAggie4Christ
AG
I know this soon to be Texan! I like your realtor.
Humorous Username
AG
Please remember that this is Texas, and that New York values and ways of doing things don't need to be implemented here.

If you don't like it, you can always move back.
West Point Aggie
AG
Humorous Username said:

Please remember that this is Texas, and that New York values and ways of doing things don't need to be implemented here.

If you don't like it, you can always move back.

Ha! Well I've lived in Texas (SA and CS) so clearly I've liked it...and not really a NYer so no worries
Let’s Go Brandon!
West Point Aggie
AG
TXAggie4Christ said:

I know this soon to be Texan! I like your realtor.

He's alright!
Let’s Go Brandon!
West Point Aggie
AG
House under contract here in NY!! seems closer and more real!! (Scary too...been a while since I moved!)

Roc96
AG
Welcome! I've got a Husker buddy on Randolph, a navigator, who'll gladly orient you to the area. When we moved back from CS this past summer, we found nice, affordable housing up Bulverde Road, about eight miles from Randolph. No real complaints with the NE side of town.
Roc
West Point Aggie
AG
Roc96 said:

Welcome! I've got a Husker buddy on Randolph, a navigator, who'll gladly orient you to the area. When we moved back from CS this past summer, we found nice, affordable housing up Bulverde Road, about eight miles from Randolph. No real complaints with the NE side of town.

Thanks!
Let’s Go Brandon!
West Point Aggie
AG
Any recommendations on internet-only service in Northeast SA...Randolph/St Hedwig near I10?

Spectrum seems to be the fastest though maybe not the most widely available?
Let’s Go Brandon!
West Point Aggie
AG
Howdy NEW SA area neighbors!! Excited to finally be here!!!!

Need to change my handle...or keep it for posterity's sake?
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Howdy NEW SA area neighbors!! Excited to finally be here!!!!

Need to change my handle...or keep it for posterity's sake?
Now that you are here, change it to Chick Fil a Ag. Welcome to the hood, now find something to post in the Puro SA thread.
West Point Aggie
AG
On my way here I ate at some many chick fil as!!!

Making up for none in NY
AG
When you get settled reach out. Would be happy to host you for a lunch or an after work beer if you want.
Señor Chang
AG
I have Spectrum. Switched from AT&T about 2 years ago. Spectrum was faster and cheaper, at least at the time I switched.

Edit: just noticed you posted that two months ago, so I'm guessing you already got your internet set up.
Halconblack
AG
Welcome West Point! Keep the handle. I am a 02 USMA and 07 Aggie grad. I live near downtown so I am not too familiar with your area but I would try Grande for Internet (if you haven't already gotten service).
v/r
West Point Aggie
AG
Arrived Sunday...2050 mile trip
Final walk through Monday 20 May
Closing 21 May...
Delivery of household goods from NY 21 May

A total blur!!!

But very exciting
West Point Aggie
AG
1 month observation: I've always been told that SA is a hopelessly tea sip town...barf...but from my limited 4 week sample, I have seen WAY more Aggie paraphernalia than the orang uterus crap...shirts, stickers, plates, magnets, flags in houses...so that so far is encouraging!
SW AG80
AG
San Antonio is becoming more Aggie every day. But burnt orange still rules the masses here.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.