Scooters

2,828 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
jgh85Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have seen these all over the place in the downtown, zoo area.

Just saw the park police pick up four parked in the zoo parking lot. The tow company truck they are using had about 8 more already on it.

I always wondered how they could leave these on sidewalks.
jgh85Ag
AG
Apparently, it was just the park police with a bug up their ass as there were still scooters on Mulberry.
Halconblack
AG
Been a hot topic as of late. City passed a pilot program. Some basic rules:
"When they're parked, scooters can't block sidewalks, bus stops or disabled parking zones, impede reasonable pedestrian access to a sidewalk or be too close to building entrances."

We have them all over our neighborhood and I just wonder how these things make money with more and more entries to the market.
v/r
Canyon99
Gonna end up like the bikes in Dallas. Trashed and thrown about everywhere.
p_bubel
Folks in my hood are up in arms about them; folks in my neighborhood apparently have nothing else to worry about in their lives.
rwtxag83
AG
I see them all over my area too, but I have no problem with this as they aren't in my way. If people are using them, great. I see a decent amount of UTSA kids ride them from student apartment to campus and back. If I were riding one often enough, I'd probably just buy one to save money.

Not sure why so many folks have a problem with them.
Greater love hath no man than this....
MookieBlaylock
AG
Some east sider got whacked on one at 2am

Pretty sure they ain't sposed to be over there
SanAntoneAg
AG
Drunk tourists on scooters.

Between October and November, paramedics responded to 46 separate 9-1-1 calls, according to Woody Woodward with SAFD. In the last 11 months, scooter injuries landed a dozen people in at the University Hospital trauma center, according to Elizabeth Allen with UT Health.

Wonder how many are in the river?
SoTxAg
AG
Austin has had a few incidents of dwi on scooter. As much as some complain, all the general surveys show people love them so dont think they are going away.
p_bubel
I really don't have a problem with them, other than the headlights on some of them are very dim, but can you imagine Fiesta and all the scooters?

It's going to be a bloodbath.

Humorous Username
AG
Saw a woman wipeout at Durango/Flores the other day.

I refuse to call Durango by its "new" name.
CyclingAg82
AG
The idiots that drive opposite traffic on Market and Commerce crack me up, waiting for that mess to happen.

Also, gotta love the idiots that drive them up to the top levels of the Parking Garages downtown.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Humorous Username said:

Saw a woman wipeout at Durango/Flores the other day.

I refuse to call Durango by its "new" name.

What you don't like Cesar Chavez Dos?

He did much for San Antonio
Gregg Papivich
Durango
Redstone
AG
I saw four last night at the Pearl -
5 - 7 pm, at the entrance to the lot parking near the bridge, across the way from Tacoland.
BurnetAggie99
When I was in San Diego recently they are everywhere and when people where done with them , they just left them in the middle of the sidewalk.
Sniffing Accountant
AG
Make Cesar Chavez Durango Again
LitreBoy
AG
I live on the far north side and saw a lonely, abandoned scooter on a side street off Blanco north of 1604.
_mpaul
AG
I road one a couple of weeks ago. They are pretty fun, but it looks trashy having them laying all over the place.
Redstone
AG
I've been to the Chick-fil-a and Target there.
Kramer
AG
Just got back from downtown Nashville and they are all over the place. Good fun, better than walking. However, I wouldn't even entertain the thought of getting on one drunk.
"The only happy Aggie is an unhappy Aggie." Shelby Metcalf
MookieBlaylock
AG
Kramer said:

Just got back from downtown Nashville and they are all over the place. Good fun, better than walking. However, I wouldn't even entertain the thought of getting on one drunk.
That's about the only time I would ride one
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.